Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Andy Herman:

Very, very early but the biggest surprise in my grades so far:

2017 Bakhtiari: +18.0 (12 games)
2018 Bakhtiari +13.8 (16 games)
2019 Bakhtiari -1.0 (2 games)

A -1.0 grade for Bakhtiari is the lowest in any 2 game stretch I’ve had for him in the 2+ years of grading I’ve done.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:

Very, very early but the biggest surprise in my grades so far:

2017 Bakhtiari: +18.0 (12 games)
2018 Bakhtiari +13.8 (16 games)
2019 Bakhtiari -1.0 (2 games)

A -1.0 grade for Bakhtiari is the lowest in any 2 game stretch I’ve had for him in the 2+ years of grading I’ve done.

Andy Herman confirmed for @AlexGreen#20's 3rd account

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Taylor is out and Jenkins is in.  That didn't take long.  Jenkins was a hell of a pick.  The kid has all pro type talent.  Granted Lane is out for this game but think it is safe to say he has lost his job to Jenkins.

We'll wish we had a healthy Taylor around if Jenkins gets hurt.

I suppose Turner would be patched in somewhere / somehow - but Taylor will be handy to have around for depth in a pinch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Taylor is out and Jenkins is in.  That didn't take long.  Jenkins was a hell of a pick.  The kid has all pro type talent.  Granted Lane is out for this game but think it is safe to say he has lost his job to Jenkins.

My thought also. The old saw goes that you don’t lose your job because of an injury. 

Tell that to Don Majkowski.

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I missed a lot of the game Sunday. Did Lane go out hurt? I know I asked people why Jenkins was in but obviously nobody there noticed a different OG was playing.

Lafleur said he was just going to rotate them like teams do with DL so the competition was open. Then Taylor got hurt on Wednesday or Thursday. So I think Jenkins was earning playing time anyway.

4 minutes ago, boratt said:

Lafleur said he was just going to rotate them like teams do with DL so the competition was open. Then Taylor got hurt on Wednesday or Thursday. So I think Jenkins was earning playing time anyway.

Okay. I didn't think he got hurt but he was in right when I saw our first O snap then I swear Taylor played again and I'm like okay?

Thanks. I couldn't really find anyone explaining that earlier this week and didn't want to ask.

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Okay. I didn't think he got hurt but he was in right when I saw our first O snap then I swear Taylor played again and I'm like okay?

Thanks. I couldn't really find anyone explaining that earlier this week and didn't want to ask.

Yeah, I put it together from the press conferences. Surprised a reporter didn’t put it together so people could know what the deal was without having to listen to full pressers 

• Like 1