Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Pankey is one of those guys that no matter what roster he is on, feels like we own his rights. We had a backup FB from Michigan the last few years whose name I can't remember was the same way, no matter how many times they're cut they end up back here ha.

This shouldn't hurt us unless we get another injury. The drop-off from Turner/Taylor to Jenkins was small if at all, but Jenkins/Turner to Patrick/Pankey is much larger.

Kerridge

48 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I certainly don’t want to find out, but is Light our top replacement at either tackle spot?

Or does Turner slide to tackle and we replace a guard?

To the best of my knowledge..... no one from the Packers has ever said anything one way or the other so we’re all just guessing Turner slides out. 

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Pankey is one of those guys that no matter what roster he is on, feels like we own his rights. We had a backup FB from Michigan the last few years whose name I can't remember was the same way, no matter how many times they're cut they end up back here ha.

This shouldn't hurt us unless we get another injury. The drop-off from Turner/Taylor to Jenkins was small if at all, but Jenkins/Turner to Patrick/Pankey is much larger.

Jenkins is a substantial upgrade  over Taylor.  It was only a matter of time before he claimed the starting G spot.  G spot?  ha ha ha...We really can't afford any more long term injuries to the OL after this.  

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Norm said:

Real question.

Is Gute the leader for GM of the year?

He made 4 FA signings that are starters.  He drafted a day 1 starting safety and an eventual starting guard.  Gary is starting to contribute gradually more and more each week.  That alone is pretty impressive.  It would add a lot to get some production out of Keke or Hollman this season too.  

Do have to give a look to the Dolphins GM though.  They are going to have like 8 top 100 picks.  Or does that count next year?

• Like 1