Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

28 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Ok and how does it look game by game? We know week 1 was ugly and that's 1/3 of that stat right there. Yes it's bad. It is also getting better week to week so aggregate totals mean nothing.

?  Sure they do.

Calculated. Quantified and considered.....no question, but they matter. For us and everybody else.

Dallas is DAL 58.1% - against the Giants, Redskins, Dolphins. They suck. We all get it.
Philly is PHI 56.3% - against the Redskins, Falcons, Lions. More a mixed bag.
We're 25.0% - against the Bears, Vikings, Lions. Certainly a tougher road to hoe than those above.
We're plugging in a new offense being called by a rookie HC and it's early season for everybody.
It's mixed bag all the way around - but the stats matter.

Philly will be another tough test....especially if their WRs get back and the fact they're up against it record-wise.
Dallas isnt a team I'm looking forward to playing right now. Sure they've played lousy teams - but their offense is kicking it so far.

It's early....so we dont need to beat Philly but in a way we need to beat Philly cause 3+1 can turn into 3+2 real quick.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

?  Sure they do.

Calculated. Quantified and considered.....no question, but they matter. For us and everybody else.

Dallas is DAL 58.1% - against the Giants, Redskins, Dolphins. They suck. We all get it.
Philly is PHI 56.3% - against the Redskins, Falcons, Lions. More a mixed bag.
We're 25.0% - against the Bears, Vikings, Lions. Certainly a tougher road to hoe than those above.
We're plugging in a new offense being called by a rookie HC and it's early season for everybody.
It's mixed bag all the way around - but the stats matter.

Philly will be another tough test....especially if their WRs get back and the fact they're up against it record-wise.
Dallas isnt a team I'm looking forward to playing right now. Sure they've played lousy teams - but their offense is kicking it so far.

It's early....so we dont need to beat Philly but in a way we need to beat Philly cause 3+1 can turn into 3+2 real quick.

We're in a great spot with a win over Philly.  We have to take advantage of this schedule, because the second half schedule sees us on the road often.  Get this win over a banged up Philly, and then we get a mini-bye before having to go to Big D.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We're in a great spot with a win over Philly.  We have to take advantage of this schedule, because the second half schedule sees us on the road often.  Get this win over a banged up Philly, and then we get a mini-bye before having to go to Big D.  

Have to win at home, period. Our road schedule is tough and 4-4 or even 3-5 on the road might be a decent outcome. Our home schedule is pretty favorable and we need to take advantage of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Some interesting stats.....

Ben Fennell:  3rd Down Conversions...

1. DAL 58.1%
2. PHI 56.3%
3. KC 54.5%
4. IND 54.3%

29. GB 25.0%
30. CHI 23.1%
31. NYJ 20.9%
32. MIA 20.0%

We're at the kids table.

Yes, we're 3 +0. Got it.

i like to see that.

imagine how good we are going to be once we clean up 3rd down conversions

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Some interesting stats.....

Ben Fennell:  3rd Down Conversions...

1. DAL 58.1%
2. PHI 56.3%
3. KC 54.5%
4. IND 54.3%

29. GB 25.0%
30. CHI 23.1%
31. NYJ 20.9%
32. MIA 20.0%

We're at the kids table.

Yes, we're 3 +0. Got it.

Start of the calendar year.

I tell you GB would be 3-0.  Yet 29'th in 3'rd down conversions.  You happy?

Cuz I wouldn't be.  I'd be ecstatic! 

Pretty much figured this offense would be a pain to install early.

Offense gets better with timing.  No reason to think our offense won't progress.  

I'm telling yah, there are signs of good things on offense.  I'll criticize Rodgers plenty, but he was better this past game.  I'll bet that trend continues.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Have to win at home, period. Our road schedule is tough and 4-4 or even 3-5 on the road might be a decent outcome. Our home schedule is pretty favorable and we need to take advantage of it. 

Very true. Looking at our road schedule objectively and playing guess the line as of now, we'll probably be underdogs in all but one game; 

My guess;

DAL +3.5

KC+5

MN +3.5

LAC +1.5

SF +1.5

DET +1.5

NYG -4

Granted, injuries and motivation will change this. The point is though, 4 road wins this year would definitely be a success. Lots of 40-60 games.

On the positive side though, barring injuries, we should be favored by at least 4 points at home the rest of the season. Philly is +4 against us. Chicago/Det will probably be in the same ballpark.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i think we will be favored in the Detroit game, but otherwise i agree

That will probably depend on where Detroit is in Week 17. Right now, I thought Detroit would be 1-2 with losses to LAC and PHI. They've surprised some people. 

Edited by packfanfb

31 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Very true. Looking at our road schedule objectively and playing guess the line as of now, we'll probably be underdogs in all but one game; 

My guess;

DAL +3.5

KC+5

MN +3.5

LAC +1.5

SF +1.5

DET +1.5

NYG -4

Granted, injuries and motivation will change this. The point is though, 4 road wins this year would definitely be a success. Lots of 40-60 games.

On the positive side though, barring injuries, we should be favored by at least 4 points at home the rest of the season. Philly is +4 against us. Chicago/Det will probably be in the same ballpark.

Yup, if you pull off 4-4 with that road schedule, it's a win in my book. Good news is we're already 1-0 there.