Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Gute going absolutely CRAZY today. Moves left and right. 

I wonder if adding Crockett means we're done with Tra? 

Edit: or Crockett could be here for one week since he was on the Raiders' PS earlier this year.....hmm

Edited by packfanfb

Wes Hodkiewicz:   Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Jimmy Graham (ankle), Darnell Savage and MVS (ankle/knee) were estimated as DNPs in the #Packers' initial injury report. Robert Tonyan was estimated as limited after not practicing last week.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Edit: or Crockett could be here for one week since he was on the Raiders' PS earlier this year.....hmm

crockett is a much more talented runner than tra imo. i have no idea how he is with everything else though. 

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

Wes Hodkiewicz:   Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Jimmy Graham (ankle), Darnell Savage and MVS (ankle/knee) were estimated as DNPs in the #Packers' initial injury report. Robert Tonyan was estimated as limited after not practicing last week.

Guessing MVS and Graham will play. Adams, GMo and Savage will not. 

Having Tonyan back will help. WRs will be MVS, Lazard, Grant (with 4 days of prep), Kumerow and Shep. Going to be another game of depending a lot on Jones and Williams with some TE help sprinkled in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

These moves sometimes seem to be the GM rotating the bottom of the PS to have many guys in and under scrutiny for a while so that they can choose from a bigger pool when they bring guys up to the 53 (at least, it is a bigger pool if the guys they release are not picked up elsewhere).

Rob Demovsky:  If you would've given Aaron Rodgers a 5-1 start considering what the last 2 seasons have been like and with a new coach, he would've taken it. "I think we all would have taken it, for sure," Rodgers said. "I did say I think at the end of last season I didn't feel like a rebuild was necessary." He added though that he thinks "this is definitely the toughest stretch of our schedule."

///////////////////////

Take that NFCN....and gear up Packer fans.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Guessing MVS and Graham will play. Adams, GMo and Savage will not. Having Tonyan back will help. WRs will be MVS, Lazard, Grant (with 4 days of prep), Kumerow and Shep. Going to be another game of depending a lot on Jones and Williams with some TE help sprinkled in. 

I'm all for TE help being sprinkled in....especially when its Mercedes "The Immovable Object" Lewis! I get such a charge when he's catching the ball cause he's such a MOOSE! :)

Been thinking about trade possibilities at each position of need. Was looking at some WRs tonight. Not saying i necessarily want this guy, but what is corey davis’s trade value? Had a decent year with MLF last year and there is a dumpster fire in progress in TN so may be they would be willing to sell. He has another year plus the fifth year option (i think would be maintained in a trade?). Just curious what people think his trade value is

15 hours ago, snackattack said:

Been thinking about trade possibilities at each position of need. Was looking at some WRs tonight. Not saying i necessarily want this guy, but what is corey davis’s trade value? Had a decent year with MLF last year and there is a dumpster fire in progress in TN so may be they would be willing to sell. He has another year plus the fifth year option (i think would be maintained in a trade?). Just curious what people think his trade value is

I have mentioned Davis myself but let's get realistic.  5th overall pick in the draft just a few ago and a real talent operating under difficult circumstances.  Under team control for a couple seasons at a manageable number.  No way do they want to trade him, he can be part of their future.  If they would, the cost would be high.  I don't believe GB's later 1st round pick next year gets it done, IF they would even entertain the idea of moving him.  I'd pay our 1 and CB Jackson for him in the least.  I'd bet teams have called on him or slid his name in conversation, and I'd bet the team who owns him slammed that notion real fast.

That being said, he would be a great addition.   Get it done Gute!

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman - Packers remaining schedule:

@ Chiefs 5-2
@ Chargers 2-5
Panthers 4-2
Bye
@ 49ers 6-0
@ Giants 2-5
Redskins 1-6
Bears 3-3
@ Vikings 5-2
@ Lions 2-3-1

Home: 8-11 Away: 22-17-1
Total: 30-28-1

If we're just going by "should wins" we finish the year 13-3. 

More likely this is 11-5/12-4

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If we're just going by "should wins" we finish the year 13-3. 

More likely this is 11-5/12-4

Yeah....have to say, when laid out like this I like our chances in a lot of these games. Cautious optimism.

Gonna take a look at MN and what they're up to these days............

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman - Packers remaining schedule:

@ Chiefs 5-2
@ Chargers 2-5
Panthers 4-2
Bye
@ 49ers 6-0
@ Giants 2-5
Redskins 1-6
Bears 3-3
@ Vikings 5-2
@ Lions 2-3-1

Home: 8-11 Away: 22-17-1
Total: 30-28-1

Taking taking a look at our primary divisional competition: Minnesota.
Outside of injuries that are affecting production, teams are pretty much who they want to be now.
IMO its Cooks - not Cousins - that makes this engine run.

Current record: 5+2 - on a 3 game winning streak.

Game 1 - ATL - Run: 172yds(3tds) - Pass: 98yds(1td) - W - 28 to 12
Game 2 - GB   - Run: 198yds(1td) - Pass: 230yds(1td) - L - 21 to 16
Game 3 - OAK- Run: 211yds(3td) - Pass: 174yds(1td) - W - 34 to 14
Game 4 - CHI - Run: 40yds(1) - Pass: 233yds(0) - L - 16 to 6
Game 5 - NYG- Run: 211yds(0) - Pass: 306yds(2) - W - 29 to 10
Game 6 - PHI - Run: 122yds(1) - Pass: 333yds(4) - W - 38 to 20
Game 7 - DET - Run: 166yds(2) - Pass: 337yds(4) - W - 42 to 30

Rushing: 1120yds (11tds)
Passing: 1711yds (13tds)

Points for: 201
Points against: 108

Leading scorers: Cooks (6) / Thielen (6)
Leading receiver: Diggs (4) 526yds
Leading rusher: Cooks (6) 725yds
Leading gainer: Cooks (945yds) - 725rushing / 220receiving

Upcoming schedule:

Washington
@ Kansas City
@ Dallas
Denver
@ Seattle
Detroit
@ Los Angeles Chargers
Green Bay