Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Rodgers:  “I’m having a lot of fun. I think back to earlier in my career and I don’t think there was this much fun being had out on the field… Matt [LaFleur] has been a blast to work with.”

Aaron Rodgers claims he has an explosive relationship with his coach!

• Like 2

Packers Sacks through Week 7: 

1. P. Smith -- 7

2. Z. Smith - 6

A whole lot of nothing

3. Clark - 1.5

4. Martinez - 1

4. King - 1

4. Gary - 1

7. Fackrell - .5

Obviously, the Smiths are being paid, and play the position designed, to get the most sacks, we know this. But at what point do we get concerned about the lack of production from anywhere else? I mean Adams and Lowry play quite a bit of snaps and both have goose eggs in the sack department. At some point your DEs have to at least get a sack or two now and then, right? Our No. 3 and 4 OLBs have 1.5 sacks in 7 games. Our ILBs have 1 sack. 

Who's going to emerge as a real threat at No. 3 behind the Smiths? 

Just now, packfanfb said:

But at what point do we get concerned about the lack of production from anywhere else?

I've been concerned about it since week 1.  I've been complaining about it since week 1.  I've been saying it's our biggest offseason priority since week 1. 

You put an IDL who can get pressure on this team and this defense is capable of being a top 1 defense in the league.  Not just in points, but in everything. 

Clark is great and everything, but Lowry and Adams and Lancaster are not so much that. 

I trade our 3rd round pick right now for Leonard Williams even if we knew he won't re-sign with us in the offseason. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've been concerned about it since week 1.  I've been complaining about it since week 1.  I've been saying it's our biggest offseason priority since week 1. 

You put an IDL who can get pressure on this team and this defense is capable of being a top 1 defense in the league.  Not just in points, but in everything. 

Clark is great and everything, but Lowry and Adams and Lancaster are not so much that. 

I trade our 3rd round pick right now for Leonard Williams even if we knew he won't re-sign with us in the offseason. 

Only thing tricky about Williams is that $14 mil salary. Wonder how much of that remaining salary Packers would agree to take on in a trade versus the Jets. 

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers Sacks through Week 7: 

1. P. Smith -- 7

2. Z. Smith - 6

A whole lot of nothing

3. Clark - 1.5

4. Martinez - 1

4. King - 1

4. Gary - 1

7. Fackrell - .5

Obviously, the Smiths are being paid, and play the position designed, to get the most sacks, we know this. But at what point do we get concerned about the lack of production from anywhere else? I mean Adams and Lowry play quite a bit of snaps and both have goose eggs in the sack department. At some point your DEs have to at least get a sack or two now and then, right? Our No. 3 and 4 OLBs have 1.5 sacks in 7 games. Our ILBs have 1 sack. 

Who's going to emerge as a real threat at No. 3 behind the Smiths? 

If Lowry and Adams were stud run defenders their lack of pass rush would be easier to overlook, but they have not been much in the run game either.

6 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

If Lowry and Adams were stud run defenders their lack of pass rush would be easier to overlook, but they have not been much in the run game either.

Yea especially Adams. Cutting Daniels was supposed to be about (a) saving the cap and (b) giving more snaps to Adams who was ready to take a step. Haven't really seen the "step" I was hoping for, especially as a rusher. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea especially Adams. Cutting Daniels was supposed to be about (a) saving the cap and (b) giving more snaps to Adams who was ready to take a step. Haven't really seen the "step" I was hoping for, especially as a rusher. 

I thought he flashed two pre-seasons ago.  And it meant nothing in the regular season.

This past pre-season, he showed big.  And it hasn't translated yet.  Talking about Adams.

Still waiting on him to figure it out in the regular season.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Umm, you left out cutting Daniels was about  his feet are shot so he hasn't been able to participate in football activities on a consistent basis in 2019.

4 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Umm, you left out cutting Daniels was about  his feet are shot so he hasn't been able to participate in football activities on a consistent basis in 2019.

Fans don't realize how much we don't know behind the scenes. The Packers have been pretty much spot on. Next decision: Bulaga

Just now, cannondale said:

Fans don't realize how much we don't know behind the scenes. The Packers have been pretty much spot on. Next decision: Bulaga

I think a lot of posters recognized the foot was a problem.  It was sad to see him go, but everyone has their time when the game ends for them.  At least he got a good payout from the Lions.

But point taken.  Gute et al have all the inside information that none of us can ever get access to.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lions-trade-s-quandre-diggs-a-team-captain-to-seattle-213958903.html

So the Lions might have just caused a rustle and bustle in their locker room, hope its extremely devisive.

I follow quandre on the twitters, I wonder what he has to say.

Patricia dig? He also posts stuff like this medium frequently. 

Nevin throws minor shade.

Edited by HighCalebR