Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

He's talking about last week's offensive performance specifically. No need to be disingenuous.

Nothing disingenuous.   Both the offense and the defense were hot garbage last Sunday.    Prior to that the offense has been solid.   The defense has been declining all year.  Over the last month they are a bottom 5 defense.

If we are going to spend time discussing what needs fixing, it seems to me there is a lot more concern over the defense.   The offense appears to be more of a one off performance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hitnhope said:

I don't know how anybody could have watched the last few games and think that our offense is the issue.  

We have been a bottom 5 defense over the past 5 weeks.   Can't get off the field, can't stop the run.   Same old for the Packers.   if the offense doesn't put the defense onits back and carry them, you wind up with a game like last Sunday.

This is so wrongly stated that I do not even know where to begin with a response. The O did absolutely nothin , to the tune of 54 total yards in the first half. Yet the D was on the field for almost 20 minutes and gave up a total of 9 points. Yes, 9 , points. The defense has its problems, but this game was lost by the offense.

when your D is forcing field goals you should at the minimum be answering with the same. They were completely inept on offense.

i watched the game, did you? Or, are you just hitting and hoping?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 66PinG said:

This is so wrongly stated that I do not even know where to begin with a response. The O did absolutely nothin , to the tune of 54 total yards in the first half. Yet the D was on the field for almost 20 minutes and gave up a total of 9 points. Yes, 9 , points. The defense has its problems, but this game was lost by the offense.

when your D is forcing field goals you should at the minimum be answering with the same. They were completely inept on offense.

i watched the game, did you? Or, are you just hitting and hoping?

I guess we will have to disagree. There was nothing "wrongly stated"  other than your response. 

Part of the reason the offensive numbers were that bad is that our defense couldn't get off the field.   They opened up the game allowing an over 8 minute drive.   I watched the game, but am questioning if you did?   When were those 3 and outs forced by our defense to get the offense back the ball?

That game was lost by the offense, defense, and special teams.  Anyone trying to pin it on only one part of the team either is delusional, or simply doesn't understand the game.   All facets of the team were failures on Sunday.   Trying to get excited about a defense that gives up 3 long time consuming drives and over 150 yards in rushing to a team that hadn't rushed for more than 42 yards in the previous 4 games is delusional.

Yes-  when the defense forces a FG the offense needs to answer.   BUT likewise - when the offense goes 3 and out on a series the defense needs to go 3 and out in turn.   

Why the different standards?   Stop questioning whether others watched the game, and instead start balancing your thinking.   There are 3 phases to football.   Last Sunday our Packers failed miserably in ALL three.  

5 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I guess we will have to disagree. There was nothing "wrongly stated"  other than your response. 

Part of the reason the offensive numbers were that bad is that our defense couldn't get off the field.   They opened up the game allowing an over 8 minute drive.   I watched the game, but am questioning if you did?   When were those 3 and outs forced by our defense to get the offense back the ball?

That game was lost by the offense, defense, and special teams.  Anyone trying to pin it on only one part of the team either is delusional, or simply doesn't understand the game.   All facets of the team were failures on Sunday.   Trying to get excited about a defense that gives up 3 long time consuming drives and over 150 yards in rushing to a team that hadn't rushed for more than 42 yards in the previous 4 games is delusional.

Yes-  when the defense forces a FG the offense needs to answer.   BUT likewise - when the offense goes 3 and out on a series the defense needs to go 3 and out in turn.   

Why the different standards?   Stop questioning whether others watched the game, and instead start balancing your thinking.   There are 3 phases to football.   Last Sunday our Packers failed miserably in ALL three.  

Our defense was not miserable last Sunday. 2011 was miserable. They gave us a chance to win.

• Like 3

from Bill Huber via SI

Naturally, the first snowy practice of the season resulted in the first snowball fight.

A lethal weapon emerged on Wednesday. JK Scott.

“Ask Montravius (Adams),” running back Aaron Jones said. “He got hit in the face pretty bad. It was hilarious.”
By the punter?

“JK has a cannon,” Jones said. “It was good aim. Good aim,” Adams said with a smile.

Interjected Jones: “No, it was really good aim.
Montravius was midsentence talking to me and turning and JK just pegged him. He ate snow. He literally ate snow.”

Scott figures he hit Adams from 25 yards away.

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

from Bill Huber via SI

Naturally, the first snowy practice of the season resulted in the first snowball fight.

“Ask Montravius (Adams),” running back Aaron Jones said. “He got hit in the face pretty bad. It was hilarious.”
By the punter?

“JK has a cannon,” Jones said. “It was good aim. Good aim,” Adams said with a smile.

Montravius was midsentence talking to me and turning and JK just pegged him. He ate snow. He literally ate snow.”

QB controversy!?!?

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from Bill Huber via SI

By the punter?

Fake punts are back on the menu boys

• Like 3