Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wonder where Raven Greene is at for a possible return? Sunday was his 8th game on IR so he'd be eligible to play against SF if healthy. Haven't heard a peep about him even being designated to return though so maybe he's not coming back...

I think Campbell may have been out last IR move for the season. Not sure though.

We definitely seemed like a better defense with Campbell out there.  Had that really nice forced fumble against McCaffrey that we couldn’t recover, but that evened out the gift Allen gave us on that aborted snap.  

Also noticed how nice it is having Amos back there in his natural safety position.  He forced that HUGE interception in the red zone. 

Savage is also looking like he’s regaining some of his speed.  Made the would be game clinching pass deflection if not for Z being offsides.  

Definitely some really positive signs that our defense is getting back on track.  I feel like the only negative was King.  

Now it’s time to do some serious self-scouting on defense.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

We definitely seemed like a better defense with Campbell out there.  Had that really nice forced fumble against McCaffrey that we couldn’t recover, but that evened out the gift Allen gave us on that aborted snap.  

Also noticed how nice it is having Amos back there in his natural safety position.  He forced that HUGE interception in the red zone. 

Savage is also looking like he’s regaining some of his speed.  Made the would be game clinching pass deflection if not for Z being offsides.  

Definitely some really positive signs that our defense is getting back on track.  I feel like the only negative was King.  

Im glad someone noticed these things as well. I thought the defense looked much different; there are still some issues with King im not sure if its miscommunication or just mental lapse. The guy plays great one play then seems to be lost on the big 3rd down plays too many times. If this team can just communicate the defense will tighten up. Im looking forward to the stretch run..Im still not sure that the Packers have played a complete game on both offense and defense yet and here we are 8-2 this is crazy to me but the possibility of this coming together is awesome.

I have noticed a trend that is bothersome and it is the execution after timeouts. It seems like after timeouts we have penalties and lack of execution at a pretty high rate. I would like to see that cleaned up. The bye week is huge we are Healthy so we can focus on actual scheme and execution this is a big change from recent years.

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

King had some really nice plays - the first tackle on third down and the pass break up in the fourth, but he seemed to get affected by the snow build up. Probably was trying really hard not to re-injure his hamstring.

Just now, Reaper said:

I have noticed a trend that is bothersome and it is the execution after timeouts. It seems like after timeouts we have penalties and lack of execution at a pretty high rate. I would like to see that cleaned up.

It's Rodgers.  Rodgers is TERRIBLE at clock management and I'm sick of the crickets when it comes to that.  It's like nobody can acknowledge the obvious.  I've been pointing this out for three years here and everyone blamed McCarthy. 

Now we've got a head coach with a principle of getting the play in quick and getting the ball snapped quickly and Rodgers is still taking it down to 1 second on literally almost every play.  He tried a hard count on what turned into Jamaal Williams getting stuffed on 4th down. 

He got a delay of game AFTER A TIMEOUT. 

It's just lolable how there are absolute crickets about that except for like four people who can acknowledge it. 

I would kill to be able to see how many people blamed McCarthy for it.  How many people blamed McCarthy for the early timeouts. 

Aaron Rodgers is one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL at managing the play clock.  It's embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Seems like for every positive play King has, he's got 3 bad ones. 

He looked like a guy who didn't trust his body out there. They couldn't beat him deep, but then realized they could run a 10 yard hitch right at him and he wouldn't explode out of his break. 

I'm hoping the bye gets us a 100% King, Savage, Clark and Martinez cause all of them have looked less than that the last few weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's Rodgers.  Rodgers is TERRIBLE at clock management and I'm sick of the crickets when it comes to that.  It's like nobody can acknowledge the obvious.  I've been pointing this out for three years here and everyone blamed McCarthy. 

Now we've got a head coach with a principle of getting the play in quick and getting the ball snapped quickly and Rodgers is still taking it down to 1 second on literally almost every play.  He tried a hard count on what turned into Jamaal Williams getting stuffed on 4th down. 

It's just lolable how there are absolute crickets about that except for like four people who can acknowledge it. 

I would kill to be able to see how many people blamed McCarthy for it.  How many people blamed McCarthy for the early timeouts. 

Aaron Rodgers is one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL at managing the play clock.  It's embarrassing. 

So your saying its Mccarthy lol I have seen the same thing and definitely agree Rodgers has to clean this up.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Inexcusable to get the delay there. Most of these vet QBs refuse to get up to the line and snap it though, they want every second for the defense to show its hand. Manning used to be the same way.

It's hard on the OL, but more often than not in his career has lended us to getting in a better call than we otherwise would've been with a young QB who just snapped it with 9 seconds left on the play clock.

Overall there's definitely some bad to it, but over the course of his career there's been more good to come from it than bad.

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He looked like a guy who didn't trust his body out there. They couldn't beat him deep, but then realized they could run a 10 yard hitch right at him and he wouldn't explode out of his break. 

I'm hoping the bye gets us a 100% King, Savage, Clark and Martinez cause all of them have looked less than that the last few weeks.

Don't forget Alexander and his groin issue.

This bye is coming at a good time- get healthy and ready for a big game at SanFrancisco.