Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Okay. Thanks for that. So maybe we do still have an IR move to make. Is there a deadline for it?

I don't believe there is a deadline, but the player does have to be on IR for 8 weeks.  I think the only candidates to return are Lane Taylor or Raven Greene, we have been relatively healthy this season.  I don't know either's current injury status.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not true. Timeout came on 1st down. Ran 1 yard to Jones, 2nd and 9 came the delay.

Still inexcusable but it did not come out of a TO.

There were two delays of game I think.  Plus a third that came on an attempt to draw offsides on 4th.  

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not true. Timeout came on 1st down. Ran 1 yard to Jones, 2nd and 9 came the delay.

Still inexcusable but it did not come out of a TO.

Actually, I think that's wrong. I'm pretty sure one of the delayed of games came out of a timeout this week. In fact, I'm about 95% sure of that. The only reason I recall it is because Troy Aikman took his shot at Green Bay when it happened and as always he rubbed me the wrong way with his nonsense.

PS: Now that I think of it @Outpost31 could actually be Troy Aikman.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

idk man I think he's just saying that he hopes the youngins don't do anything dumb over the bye to jeopardize their contributions to the team.

I'm guessing whatever (if anything) he says to the team is behind closed doors. 

So why is Nagler getting an erection over Rodgers' leadership?

Bill Huber:  The Green Bay Packers gave away a game in the loaded NFC standings by laying an egg last week at the Chargers. The Packers got that game back on Sunday by virtue of their 24-16 victory over Carolina and New Orleans’ stunning home loss to Atlanta.

With that, the Packers have moved into the No. 2 spot in the NFC – meaning they are the front-runners for a first-round bye and a home game in the divisional round. Getting the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs is well within their grasp based on the final schedules.

Here are the NFC standings:

1. San Francisco (8-0). The 49ers host Seattle (7-2) on Monday night and the Packers in two weeks. The 49ers have played one of the weakest schedules in the league, with their opponents having a combined .349 winning percentage. That’s about to change, with six of their final eight opponents having winning records: vs. Seattle (7-2), vs. Arizona (3-6-1), vs. Green Bay (8-2), at Baltimore (7-2), at New Orleans (7-2), vs. Atlanta (2-7), vs. the Rams (5-4), at Seattle (7-2). That’s a combined record of 46-27-1 or a .628 winning percentage.

2. Green Bay (8-2). The Packers have six games remaining, with four of those against teams with losing records: at San Francisco, at the Giants (2-8), vs. Washington (1-8), vs. Chicago (4-5), at Minnesota (7-3) and at Detroit (3-5-1). That’s a combined 25-29-1 record or .464 winning percentage. The Packers’ wins have come against teams with a .520 winning percentage, the second-highest among all teams with winning records, so they are battle tested.

3. New Orleans (8-2). The Saints, who had won six in a row and were coming off their bye, inexplicably lost at home to the Falcons, who had lost six in a row. In the event of a tie, the Packers have one conference loss while the Saints have two. Their remaining schedule: at Tampa Bay (3-6), vs. Carolina (5-4), at Atlanta (2-7), vs. San Francisco (8-0), vs. Indianapolis (5-4), at Tennessee (5-5) and at Carolina (5-4). That’s a combined 33-30 (.524).

4. Dallas (5-4). The Cowboys and Eagles are tied for the NFC East lead, with Dallas winning Round 1 in the rivalry. The Cowboys’ wins have come against teams with a .255 winning percentage; four of their final seven games are against teams with winning records.

5. Seattle (7-2). The Seahawks’ wins have come against teams with a .336 winning percentage. However, they face the toughest remaining schedule of any contending team. Of their final seven games, six are against teams with winning records: at San Francisco (8-0), bye, at Philadelphia (5-4), vs. Minnesota (7-2), at the Rams (5-4), at Carolina (5-4), vs. Arizona (3-6-1) and vs. San Francisco (8-0). That’s a combined 41-20-1 record for a resounding .669 winning percentage.

6. Minnesota (7-3). The Vikings’ wins have come against teams with a .367 winning percentage. Taken in totality, their final seven weeks will be much more challenging: vs. Denver (3-6), bye, at Seattle (7-2), vs. Detroit (3-5-1), at the Chargers (4-6), vs. Green Bay (8-2) and vs. Chicago (4-5). That’s a combined record of 29-26-1 (.527). However, only two of those teams have winning records.

What time is it ?

Time for Preston Smith to buy everybody on defense a new Rolex

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/11/preston-smith-wins-race-to-10-sacks-plans-rolex-watches-for-entire-packers-defense/

Preston tallied two sacks of Carolina Panthers quarterback Kyle Allen on Sunday, pushing him to 10 sacks through the first 10 games of the 2019 season. Za’Darius, despite being close to several sacks, remained stuck at 8.5. The two Smiths put a friendly wager on the race to 10.
Whoever got there first would be responsible for buying gifts of their choice.

Preston, the winner, has made his decision.

He said in the locker room Sunday night that he’ll be buying Rolex watches for every player on the Packers defense. Not just for the outside linebacker room, but everyone on defense.

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

What time is it ?

Time for Preston Smith to buy everybody on defense a new Rolex

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/11/preston-smith-wins-race-to-10-sacks-plans-rolex-watches-for-entire-packers-defense/

Preston tallied two sacks of Carolina Panthers quarterback Kyle Allen on Sunday, pushing him to 10 sacks through the first 10 games of the 2019 season. Za’Darius, despite being close to several sacks, remained stuck at 8.5. The two Smiths put a friendly wager on the race to 10.
Whoever got there first would be responsible for buying gifts of their choice.

Preston, the winner, has made his decision.

He said in the locker room Sunday night that he’ll be buying Rolex watches for every player on the Packers defense. Not just for the outside linebacker room, but everyone on defense.

AWESOME. Rodgers just gave the team Uggs too. 

Snap count for the Carolina game (from Cheesehead TV).

Offense (68 snaps = 100%)

starting O line and AR all played 100%.
Adams (54 snaps), Allison (42),  Lazard (30), Kumerow (23), Valdes-Scantling (11).
Graham (44), M.Lewis (38), Sternberger (15).
Jones (34), Williams (34), Vitale (13).

Defense (73 snaps = 100%)

Alexander, King, Savage, Amos, Martinez all played 100%
Clark (63), Lowry (35), Lancaster (19), M.Adams (15), Keke (11).
Z.Smith (64), P.smith (62), Fackrell (29), Gary (16), Goodson (20), Burks (4).
T.Williams (53), I.Campbell (42) Redmond (5)

What I looked at these figures, the most noticeable thing was how few snaps Valdes-Scantling had  (11). Kumerow had double that and Lazard nearly 3x.
Sternberger had a decent run out (15).
Jones and Williams split snaps exactly (34 each)
Campbell got a lot of action (42 snaps). I think the Packers were very pleased to see him back.
If you want to make a case for needing a no.2 receiver, the lack of snaps to MVS suggests he isn't the answer (though he was listed with ankle/knee injuries, earlier in the week). Also, I believe Allison had three catches for just 6 yds, in 42 snaps.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive