Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Actually, I think that's wrong. I'm pretty sure one of the delayed of games came out of a timeout this week. In fact, I'm about 95% sure of that. The only reason I recall it is because Troy Aikman took his shot at Green Bay when it happened and as always he rubbed me the wrong way with his nonsense.

PS: Now that I think of it @Outpost31 could actually be Troy Aikman.

Yeah, I’m 99% sure he had a delay of game after timeout.  If he didn’t, it’s a Mandela Effect thing.  

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I’m 99% sure he had a delay of game after timeout.  If he didn’t, it’s a Mandela Effect thing.  

i'm going to put my memory on the line here:

I remember the announcers SAID they got a delay of game after the TO and I remember thinking "no they didn't - they ran a play in there" at the time and then dismissing it.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

From Dan Savage Twitter

"Extremely saddened to learn of the passing of Packers  legend Zeke Bratkowski, who passed away this morning at his home in Santa Rosa Beach, FL.
My thoughts are with his family, among them his grandson and my dear friend, Shane."

Edmund Raymond Bratkowski played for the bears, rams and Packers in his NFL career and he went on to coaching when his playing days were over
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BratZe00.htm

6163-2.jpg?v-cache=1521724758

zeke-bratkowski-f682d71d-a41b-4b26-89f3-

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i'm going to put my memory on the line here:

I remember the announcers SAID they got a delay of game after the TO and I remember thinking "no they didn't - they ran a play in there" at the time and then dismissing it.

Good memory:

3rd & 1 at CAR 49

(5:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to D.Adams to CAR 45 for 4 yards (J.Elliott).

(4:17 - 4th) Timeout #2 by GB at 04:17.

1st & 10 at CAR 45

(4:17 - 4th) A.Jones up the middle to CAR 44 for 1 yard (G.McCoy; L.Kuechly).

2nd & 9 at CAR 44

(3:28 - 4th) PENALTY on GB, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at CAR 44 - No Play.

There was another Delay of Game in this same drive two plays later. Those were the only two in the whole game.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401127944

• Like 2

This PI challenge rule is never overturned so its not being used.

Ryan Wood: Matt LaFleur asked by asked by Rob Demovsky if he didn't challenge Allen Lazard's "interesting" OPI because he figured it'd be a waste of a challenge. MLF agrees: "I did not want to use a timeout in that situation. I didn't think it was going to get overturned, so you just deal with it."

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

This PI challenge rule is never overturned so its not being used.

Ryan Wood: Matt LaFleur asked by asked by Rob Demovsky if he didn't challenge Allen Lazard's "interesting" OPI because he figured it'd be a waste of a challenge. MLF agrees: "I did not want to use a timeout in that situation. I didn't think it was going to get overturned, so you just deal with it."

Only took coaches 6 weeks longer to figure that out than the rest of the world.  Lafleur got it quicker than most. 

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

Good memory:

3rd & 1 at CAR 49

(5:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to D.Adams to CAR 45 for 4 yards (J.Elliott).

(4:17 - 4th) Timeout #2 by GB at 04:17.

1st & 10 at CAR 45

(4:17 - 4th) A.Jones up the middle to CAR 44 for 1 yard (G.McCoy; L.Kuechly).

2nd & 9 at CAR 44

(3:28 - 4th) PENALTY on GB, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at CAR 44 - No Play.

There was another Delay of Game in this same drive two plays later. Those were the only two in the whole game.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401127944

Rodgers, I was wrong and I apologize for the mistake.  You only partly suck at clock management.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I was wrong

I was wrong

I was wrong

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was wrong

I was wrong

I was wrong

I was wrong

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I apologize

I apologize

I apologize

I apologize

Not sure what happened there.... my laptop musta stuttered when it saw the 7th sign of the Apocalypse