Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just want some damn noon games so I can eat lunch and get drunk during the Packers game and get to work with no hangover the next day.  We have had 3 all season? 

Why I hate prime time games is it gives casual, uniformed football fans that are not fans of GB, a chance to watch and complain even more that GB gets  preferential treatment from the refs.  Total confirmation bias in their feeble minds because that seems to be all they focus on.  

I’d rather fly below the radar of these feeble minds with noon games only televised in limited markets.  It wouldn’t even matter if 90% of the calls went against GB - the feeble-minded trolls only focus on the 10% of calls in GB’s favor and still claim bias - perpetuated by the ramblings of the stupid TV announcers.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, VonKarman said:

It's even worse for the ones like me that live on the other side of the Atlantic. The game will be at 2AM instead of 10PM.

Trying to work out where you live (approximately). I'm in England (and therefore GMT 0, compared to America (+5,6, or 7 hours for East, Central, West). 

2AM is four hours later than 10PM, so I conclude the furthest East you might live is in the GMT +1 zone, somewhere in Portugal or W.Africa, because most of the +4hr time band is IN the Atlantic ocean !

PS Never heard of a game starting at 10pm though.

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

k out where you live (approximately). I'm in England (and therefore GMT 0, compared to America (+5,6, or 7 hours for East, Central, West). 

2AM is four hours later than 10PM, so I conclude the furthest East you might live is in the GMT +1 zone, somewhere in Portugal or W.Africa, because most of the +4hr time band is IN the Atlantic ocean !

PS Never heard of a game starting at 10pm

I live in Bilbao, Spain. Sunday games start here at 7PM, 10:05PM, 10:25PM and 2:20AM. Portugal shares the same time zone as UK btw.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Thanks for the clarification. Vertically you are almost on the same line as Bristol, England (where I live).

27.9506° N, 82.4572° W

1PM ; 4PM ; 8PM ; 9PM covers all start times - except those pesky London games, but who pays attention to them anyway? :)

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

1PM ; 4PM ; 8PM ; 9PM covers all start times - except those pesky London games, but who pays attention to them anyway? :)

I might...............if Green Bay ever got to play there (almost the only team in the league not to have). I'm still hoping for an away game there in the forseeable...........

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I might...............if Green Bay ever got to play there (almost the only team in the league not to have). I'm still hoping for an away game there in the forseeable...........

Rumor is that its gonna happen in your lifetime :)

28 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I believe we get to play Jacksonville next year and we are the only team that has never played in London. It's time.

7 hours ago, VonKarman said:

It's even worse for the ones like me that live on the other side of the Atlantic. The game will be at 2AM instead of 10PM.

On the plus side, if you have Gamepass it's much more enjoyable to watch a replay of the game without having to endure the endless adverts a live broadcast brings. 

Far from ideal if you want to catch it live right enough. 

6 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

I believe we get to play Jacksonville next year and we are the only team that has never played in London. It's time.

Yeah, I saw where the Jags have played a game in London every year since 2013. that would be very nice (and I would expect to be there if they do).

Edit. just checked and it looks like the Jax game is at Lambeau..........shame. Maybe the Tampa or Houston away games in 2020 ?

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

18 minutes ago, ChillerBee said:

On the plus side, if you have Gamepass it's much more enjoyable to watch a replay of the game without having to endure the endless adverts a live broadcast brings. 

Far from ideal if you want to catch it live right enough. 

Yeah, I'd rather watch it live to be honest. Condensed games are usually available in youtube 24-48 hours after the game is played.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Trying to work out where you live (approximately). I'm in England (and therefore GMT 0, compared to America (+5,6, or 7 hours for East, Central, West). 

PS Never heard of a game starting at 10pm though.

The United States has 4 time zones (Hawai'i might be in another, I can't remember), just FYI.  Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific.