Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Trevor Davis was a band-aid we dealt for a 6th. We then signed another band-aid that wore off and to replace him, we've signed yet another band-aid who will wear off by the end of the season. Expect a RS on Day 3 of the draft folks...

28 minutes ago, Joe said:

Trevor Davis was a band-aid we dealt for a 6th. We then signed another band-aid that wore off and to replace him, we've signed yet another band-aid who will wear off by the end of the season. Expect a RS on Day 3 of the draft folks...

I figure that was the plan all along when they dumped David tbh

Ian Kenyon -  Aaron Rodgers has thrown 4 interceptions over this last 1,010 passes.
That's an INT rate of 0.4 percent. Alex Smith's career INT rate is 2.0% That's how conservative he's become.

Interceptions = bad
Not throwing interceptions because you won't take risks = also bad

• Aaron Nagler -  #WarOnRodgers
  • Like 1

Ben Fennell -   Allen Lazard was Iowa State's highest rated recruit - EVER. Went to ISU to follow family connection - father/brother also played there. Lazard was a 4-star WR (Attended HS in Iowa at Urbandale) - offers from Notre Dame & Oregon. When you read/listen/watch... Lazard isn't a fluke.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -   Allen Lazard was Iowa State's highest rated recruit - EVER. Went to ISU to follow family connection - father/brother also played there. Lazard was a 4-star WR (Attended HS in Iowa at Urbandale) - offers from Notre Dame & Oregon. When you read/listen/watch... Lazard isn't a fluke.

he was the 10th ranked WR in the class of 2014. The 9 other guys ahead of him i doubt are in the NFL because i dont recognize their names besides Malachi Dupre at #2.

https://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=WR

Bill Huber - Here’s a realistic view of how the Packers can get at least a first-round bye.

Week 14: San Francisco goes into New Orleans and upsets the Saints. That would push the Saints to 10-3 and, critically, hand them a third conference loss. Los Angeles beats Seattle. The Rams are fighting for their playoff lives and the Seahawks are coming off a huge win on a Monday night so could be a bit vulnerable.
Week 15: None.
Week 16: Green Bay beats Minnesota. With three losses, the Packers have to run the table – including a win at U.S. Bank Stadium, where the Packers are 0-3 and have scored only 41 points.
Week 17: Seattle beats San Francisco to win the NFC West.

This would be the NFC standings:
New Orleans: 13-3 overall and 9-3 in the NFC.
Seattle: 13-3 overall and 10-2 in the NFC.
Green Bay: 13-3 overall and 10-2 in the NFC.
San Francisco: 13-3 overall but, having been swept by Seattle, would be a wild card.

What does it mean? In a three-team tiebreaker between the Saints, Seahawks and Packers, the tiebreaker would be conference record. The Saints, with three losses, would be eliminated and banished to the No. 3 seed. The next tiebreaker, which would determine the Nos. 1 and 2 seeds, is common opponents. Under this scenario, Seattle would go 5-0 vs. San Francisco, Philadelphia, Minnesota and Carolina while Green Bay would be 3-2. So, it would be Seattle as No. 1 and Green Bay as No. 2.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber - Here’s a realistic view of how the Packers can get at least a first-round bye.

Week 14: San Francisco goes into New Orleans and upsets the Saints. That would push the Saints to 10-3 and, critically, hand them a third conference loss. Los Angeles beats Seattle. The Rams are fighting for their playoff lives and the Seahawks are coming off a huge win on a Monday night so could be a bit vulnerable.
Week 15: None.
Week 16: Green Bay beats Minnesota. With three losses, the Packers have to run the table – including a win at U.S. Bank Stadium, where the Packers are 0-3 and have scored only 41 points.
Week 17: Seattle beats San Francisco to win the NFC West.

This would be the NFC standings:
New Orleans: 13-3 overall and 9-3 in the NFC.
Seattle: 13-3 overall and 10-2 in the NFC.
Green Bay: 13-3 overall and 10-2 in the NFC.
San Francisco: 13-3 overall but, having been swept by Seattle, would be a wild card.

What does it mean? In a three-team tiebreaker between the Saints, Seahawks and Packers, the tiebreaker would be conference record. The Saints, with three losses, would be eliminated and banished to the No. 3 seed. The next tiebreaker, which would determine the Nos. 1 and 2 seeds, is common opponents. Under this scenario, Seattle would go 5-0 vs. San Francisco, Philadelphia, Minnesota and Carolina while Green Bay would be 3-2. So, it would be Seattle as No. 1 and Green Bay as No. 2.

Simply said... Green Bay win out, SF beat New Orleans.

• Like 2

Lazard played on some horrible ISU teams and still produced. I think this is where he found his grit TBH. Terrible QB's before Brock Purdy, constantly had to scrap just to get open, defensive minded coaches his entire college career.

38 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Everybody excited about Lazard and I’m over here wondering why I’m the only one who thinks MVS should be getting more looks.  MVS has one more reception, but over 100 more yards than Lazard.  He must have insulted Danica or something.

Adams, Lizard, and MVS all clicking with Rodgers at once would be deadly. That should be our main 3 Receiver set.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Everybody excited about Lazard and I’m over here wondering why I’m the only one who thinks MVS should be getting more looks.  MVS has one more reception, but over 100 more yards than Lazard.  He must have insulted Danica or something.

Think he is making mental errors.  Got in Aaron's doghouse. Just speculation but have seen Aaron chew on him a few times lately.  He also was playing through knee and ankle injuries never did a lot after that.  I agree though he should be getting more looks.  Nerd is right...Adams, Lizard, and MVS .  

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

MVS is a take the top off the defense WR...Lazard is more a move the chain guy. So MVS having more yards on the same amount of receptions isn’t surprising.

And MVS doesn’t get the same looks because it’s obvious he and Aaron aren’t clicking. On deep shots MVS is open/beat his man... Rodgers either under throws him or over throws him. They just aren’t clicking... hopefully they will.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

MVS is a take the top off the defense WR...Lazard is more a move the chain guy. So MVS having more yards on the same amount of receptions isn’t surprising.

And MVS doesn’t get the same looks because it’s obvious he and Aaron aren’t clicking. On deep shots MVS is open/beat his man... Rodgers either under throws him or over throws him. They just aren’t clicking... hopefully they will.

Not sure I would describe this as "not clicking". Even Lazard's first catch of last week was an absolutely trash throw that we're just lucky the Giants suck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't get it.  Some want a wr who catch short, get the ball out quickly type offense.  Some want a wr who stretches the field with speed which requires holding the ball a little longer but offers nothing else.   If you want a get rid of the ball offense, Lazard is your guy.  If you want a down the field wide receiver who offers little else, MVS is your guy.   It would be great to have both working but when one or the other doesn't work .. it's go nuts time.     

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Simple, MVS does NOT fight for the ball.  He does NOT fight for position on the field.  He has turned into a speed only WR.  Lazard has passed him by because of, remember this,  TENACITY.  MVS has not displayed any of this on the field.  Training with Randy Moss isn't really a plus on your resume.  Until MVS finds TENACITY he will continue to lose reps to WRs who have some TENACITY.