Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Was it the beer chugs? 

His third season showing up too light after being in Hollywood for his role in Pitch Perfect 2.

I know I need to forgive, but I can't help but feel that was a Superbowl winning team (even with the mediocre defense) if the entire team was all in.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

His third season showing up too light after being in Hollywood for his role in Pitch Perfect 2.

I know I need to forgive, but I can't help but feel that was a Superbowl winning team (even with the mediocre defense) if the entire team was all in.

With 2015's offense not sure it would of even mattered if Bak was in perfect football shape. Not sure with the lack of weapons in the playoffs we would have done much even if we beat Arizona. Jordy tearing his ACL really killed that season.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

With 2015's offense not sure it would of even mattered if Bak was in perfect football shape. Not sure with the lack of weapons in the playoffs we would have done much even if we beat Arizona. Jordy tearing his ACL really killed that season.

You're probably right, I just look at that group and feel like even without Jordy that offense WAY under achieved. I know some of these guys weren't their prime selves but:

Rodgers

Lacy

Adams/Jones/Cobb

Rodgers

Bakhtiari/Sitton/Linsley/Lang/Bulaga

That offense finished 15th in PPG

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're probably right, I just look at that group and feel like even without Jordy that offense WAY under achieved. I know some of these guys weren't their prime selves but:

Rodgers

Lacy

Adams/Jones/Cobb

Rodgers

Bakhtiari/Sitton/Linsley/Lang/Bulaga

That offense finished 15th in PPG

We realllly needed Adams/Lacy not to stink that year. Lacy was more disappointing coming in big than Bak coming in lighter.

55 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

With 2015's offense not sure it would of even mattered if Bak was in perfect football shape. Jordy tearing his ACL really killed that season.

LOL at Bak being one of the issues with the 2015 offense.

Jordy went down in pre-season, 2nd year man D. Adams got injured and sucked, and Cobb got injured and then exposed trying to be more than just a slot guy.

To counteract all these WR injuries the intrepid GM got to work and ... brought in the corpse of James Jones. I mean he was a former Packer after all.

Add an obviously out of shape Eddie Lacy and that was not exactly a loaded offense.

Oh, and never forget that in 2015 Pack featured those glorious 2 yard passes to Richard Rodgers in the flat -- some of the most stirring offensive football seen in GB in many years. 

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

LOL at Bak being one of the issues with the 2015 offense.

Jordy went down in pre-season, 2nd year man D. Adams got injured and sucked, and Cobb got injured and then exposed trying to be more than just a slot guy.

To counteract all these WR injuries the intrepid GM got to work and ... brought in the corpse of James Jones. I mean he was a former Packer after all.

Add an obviously out of shape Eddie Lacy and that was not exactly a loaded offense.

Oh, and never forget that in 2015 Pack featured those glorious 2 yard passes to Richard Rodgers in the flat -- some of the most stirring offensive football seen in GB in many years. 

I mean this was after the preseason so its not like he had a lot of options, but I thought James Jones was a good pick up imo. But ya Lacy/Adams/having meh years didn't help.

On 12/4/2019 at 8:42 AM, Green19 said:

That’s fine but they need to find shorter routes that work for him.

It basically needs to be an extended handoff. He needs confidence builders... same as Aaron.

Because the weekly “shot” play isn’t working and hasn’t since training camp. And if he can’t do the other stuff then he can’t be in the offense. Adams, Lazard and Kumerow should be the 3.

He's not that guy.  He's not built that way.

If you want "confidence" plays from MVS, you have a couple to choose from.  A curl.  A comeback.  A jump ball on the sideline and he doesn't highpoint the ball well at all.  So maybe that is out.

But, he should get curls and comebacks a few times a game giving his long speed.  Should be money.

18 hours ago, Norm said:

Fine, I'll jump. I'm pretty sure I said it like 6 games ago and have been pretty consistent. Never saw anything on Twitter. Not saying Rodgers has been a good deep thrower, he hasn't, but to me that's why we are seeing this issue, he's missing and MVS doesn't adjust back very well, that's what I've seen. Maybe I'm making too much of it for the few times it's happened I guess.

18 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Me too.  No twitter account, just observed it watching games.

Sorry it doesn't jibe with the 'all Aaron's fault' argument.  This is it's own thing. MVS just hasn't taken the year two jump we've hoped for and part of it is his own doing.

I've never been on Twitter, though I do enjoy Bernie Boatsman on here via Twitter.

And yes, MVS doesn't high point the ball well at all.  Even a few he's caught this year flat out look awkward.

It isn't Aaron's fault, either.  It's an MVS thing.  And I"m not down on MVS, just pointing out that high pointing the ball is not a strong part of his game.

Dude should still get 2-3 stop or comeback routes a game.  Build off of that long speed to create some easy pitch and catches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

He's not that guy.  He's not built that way.

If you want "confidence" plays from MVS, you have a couple to choose from.  A curl.  A comeback.  A jump ball on the sideline and he doesn't highpoint the ball well at all.  So maybe that is out.

But, he should get curls and comebacks a few times a game giving his long speed.  Should be money.

Curls, drags, runs a good out route before Rodgers throws it OOB. the only one that really isn't money is the slant/in. 

It's not like MVS couldn't run these routes under McCarthy. Something changed since last year.

Aaron Rodgers -  “I think the identity is ‘embracing your role.’ I really do. I’ve talked about Marcedes (Lewis), or Jimmy (Graham), or Kyler Fackrell, or Blake Martinez, or Jamaal Williams, or Geronimo Allison, there’s been a lot of guys who’ve really had to embrace a specific role this year, and I think the beauty in seeing the chemistry of the team and the personality of the team has been the response of those guys.”