Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Andy Herman -   Today’s victory didn’t seem dominant. And there’s a lot to cleanup. But to throw things back to 2010, in Week 14 the Packers lost 7-3 to the Lions, fell to 8-5 on the season, lost Rodgers to injury, and were set to go to New England. There were lots of issues then too.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   Today’s victory didn’t seem dominant. And there’s a lot to cleanup. But to throw things back to 2010, in Week 14 the Packers lost 7-3 to the Lions, fell to 8-5 on the season, lost Rodgers to injury, and were set to go to New England. There were lots of issues then too.

We're really a QB and DC removing their heads from their collective butts away from getting there.

Pettine is slowly getting there.

Rodgers had completely removed his until Adams came back, now there isn't even daylight where he's got his.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're really a QB and DC removing their heads from their collective butts away from getting there.

Pettine is slowly getting there.

Rodgers had completely removed his until Adams came back, now there isn't even daylight where he's got his.

But Adams didnt do much of anything today. 4 receptions on 6 targets for 41 yards (long 15). Meh.

How much of a factor is it that defenses have adjusted to what we're doing on offense - blunted it - and we've not responded by changing things up? Is that playing in to our difficulties?

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

But Adams didnt do much of anything today. 4 receptions on 6 targets for 41 yards (long 15). Meh.

How much of a factor is it that defenses have adjusted to what we're doing on offense - blunted it - and we've not responded by changing things up? Is that playing in to our difficulties?

I couldn't tell you until I see our QB actually attempt to run the offense as called.

• Like 3

Aaron Rodgers is trash and Aaron Rodgers was not trash in 2010.  That’s the difference.  Our defense in 2010 being the best in the league and it being 13th best in the league also contributes to that difference.  We ain’t winning **** in the playoffs except maybe the wildcard, and maybe the divisional round if someone on the opposing team does something really stupid.

Ryan Wood -  NFC playoff seeds Week 15:

1. 49ers (11-2)
2. Packers (10-3)
3. Saints (10-3, conference record tiebreaker)
4. Cowboys (6-7)
5. Seahawks (10-3)
6. Vikings (9-4)

Packers are assured at least the 2 seed if they win final three games.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I couldn't tell you until I see our QB actually attempt to run the offense as called.

Well then....I've mentioned this before....but IMO thats a HC matter.

I know.....I know.....the power dynamics arent right for that.....but thats how I see it.

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

People need to stop making comparisons to the 2010 team. That's not what this is

GB chance in the playoffs will come down to how well the D can generate turnovers.   They are not a team that will likely beat itself with turnovers, so getting 2-3 extra possessions will be a huge key in how far GB can advance.  It just does not seem like a very winning formula against playoff teams....who are typically good at the TO margin.  Winning that battle 3 or 4 games against playoff caliber teams will be tough

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Talent wise, no. However it does illustrate that you can go from playing meh football to peak football in less than a game.

The really good 2010 team having a bad week against an average Lions team, is not comparable to the really average 2019 team having an average week against the God awful Redskins.