Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, snackattack said:

curious about everyone's thoughts.  If we somehow got a home playoff game against one of NO, SEA, SF, which team would you prefer to play?

Seattle.  Then New Orelans, then the 49ers.

49ers have the run game and defense to win at Lambeau when it's cold.

Seahawks just lost a good RB and I like that matchup at home.  Thinking New Orleans loses some offensive speed at Lambeau in the winter.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

In order:

SEA

SF

NO

i fear SF way more than NO.  i don't think drew brees and his tiny hands can make throws in january at lambeau.  if we get the two seed, i doubt we can avoid NO in the divisional round.  then we need to root for whoever is the wild card between SF/SEA.

Edited by snackattack

7 minutes ago, snackattack said:

i fear SF way more than NO.  i don't think drew brees and his tiny hands can make throws in january at lambeau.  if we get the two seed, i doubt we can avoid NO in the divisional round.  then we need to root for whoever is the wild card between SF/SEA.

I feel better about facing SF again, at home, after an embarrassing loss than I do facing NO for the first time. Even in January I see our defense struggling mightily and am not confident AR can keep up at this point.

I like us shutting down no-postseason experience Jimmy G much, much more.

Bill Huber -  The Packers were second in the league in scoring during the "second quarter" of the season. The last five games? Not so good.

From Game 5 through Game 8 – the so-called second quarter of the season – Green Bay was second in the league with 32.5 points point game and Rodgers was second with a 118.7 passer rating.

From Game 9 through Game 13, the Packers are 22nd in scoring with 18.8 points per game and Rodgers is ninth with a 93.7 passer rating.

That’s trending the wrong direction – at the wrong time of the season.

LaFleur dismissed out of hand the notion that the problem is Rodgers. As has been the case throughout his first year on the job, LaFleur pointed the finger at himself first. In retrospect, LaFleur said he should have given more reps to a running game that piled up 174 yards.

LaFleur also dismissed the premise that Rodgers was holding onto the ball too long. According to Pro Football Focus, Rodgers’ average time from snap to pass was 3.36 seconds, his first time over 3.0 seconds this season and far greater than his 2.73-second average entering the week.

Edited by Leader

34 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I feel better about facing SF again, at home, after an embarrassing loss than I do facing NO for the first time. Even in January I see our defense struggling mightily and am not confident AR can keep up at this point.

I like us shutting down no-postseason experience Jimmy G much, much more.

i hear ya.  just think we would do better offensively against NO than SF.

56 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber -  The Packers were second in the league in scoring during the "second quarter" of the season. The last five games? Not so good.

From Game 5 through Game 8 – the so-called second quarter of the season – Green Bay was second in the league with 32.5 points point game and Rodgers was second with a 118.7 passer rating.

From Game 9 through Game 13, the Packers are 22nd in scoring with 18.8 points per game and Rodgers is ninth with a 93.7 passer rating.

That’s trending the wrong direction – at the wrong time of the season.

LaFleur dismissed out of hand the notion that the problem is Rodgers. As has been the case throughout his first year on the job, LaFleur pointed the finger at himself first. In retrospect, LaFleur said he should have given more reps to a running game that piled up 174 yards.

LaFleur also dismissed the premise that Rodgers was holding onto the ball too long. According to Pro Football Focus, Rodgers’ average time from snap to pass was 3.36 seconds, his first time over 3.0 seconds this season and far greater than his 2.73-second average entering the week.

he wont be able to hold the ball that long vs the Bears

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber - 

Maybe in private LaFleur is all over Rodgers about these issues, but I kind of doubt it.  It's obvious that Rodgers is indecisive and slow to pull the trigger.  LaFleur needs to get Rodgers to play within this scheme.