Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Has anyone been getting a lot of talk from Viking fans about how GB isn’t that good of team and MN should easily beat them at US Bankrupt?

while the vikes May very well win that game, I find it comical they say GB isn’t very good considering GB beat them and MN hasn’t beat a team with a current winning record. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Has anyone been getting a lot of talk from Viking fans about how GB isn’t that good of team and MN should easily beat them at US Bankrupt? while the vikes May very well win that game, I find it comical they say GB isn’t very good considering GB beat them and MN hasn’t beat a team with a current winning record. 

Just fan chatter.

Did you happen to catch Nagler's chat today? He had a funny sequence...it was somewhere in the middle...concerning the Bears and Vikings. He was especially cutting (and funny IMO) on the Vikes.

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Has anyone been getting a lot of talk from Viking fans about how GB isn’t that good of team and MN should easily beat them at US Bankrupt?

while the vikes May very well win that game, I find it comical they say GB isn’t very good considering GB beat them and MN hasn’t beat a team with a current winning record. 

A. Screw Vikings fans. 
B. Regarding the game in their house next week: odds are in their favor, so their argument is dumb, like them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah Mike from Finance told me that, than Vanessa from HR , who I was working an angle on for months laughed at me and went to lunch with him.  We need to win, I don't want eat lunch with the IT guys anymore.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’ve heard a bit. I do think we lose at the Bank but I think the talk of us being overrated is exaggerated. The negative talk is largely predicated 2 bad games (lac and sf) and on our yards per game(30 less a game), which is very skewed this year because of some very positive gameflows. 

Dallas outgained is by 200 yards, but literally all of that was second half vs prevent when we were up 4 scores

Washington had 80 more yards than us, including a drive down 11

Minny we were up 21 and gave up later scores, lost the yards by 80

Carolina had a late drive to win the yards by 20 down 8.

We haven’t buried teams when ahead outside a couple times. That’s fine but numbers guys don’t like that.

Peter Bukowski -   This is CRAZY: The Packers average 14.2 yards on 2nd-and-short this season, best in the league and more than double the second-best team. The average NFL team from 2013-18 was 4.1 yards. The Packers are also the only team in the league who throws more than 50% of the time on 2nd-and-short. This is a smart strategy. Rodgers has two 50+ yard plays in those situations. The rest of the NFL combined has one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   This is CRAZY: The Packers average 14.2 yards on 2nd-and-short this season, best in the league and more than double the second-best team. The average NFL team from 2013-18 was 4.1 yards. The Packers are also the only team in the league who throws more than 50% of the time on 2nd-and-short. This is a smart strategy. Rodgers has two 50+ yard plays in those situations. The rest of the NFL combined has one.

Okay, that is legit pretty crazy lol

Although I feel like we average 0.9 yards on second and long

Edited by Norm

4 hours ago, Leader said:

So what you're saying is first down is the key to us having any success. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

So what you're saying is first down is the key to us having any success. 

In this equation - yes - but keeping ahead of the sticks is always important.

My take is the performance / execution %. Odd - but it doesnt feel like it - but I'll take it :) 

Andy Herman -   With the Packers getting to 11 wins and clinching a playoff birth today, what do they need to do in your mind for 2019 to be a successful season?

• Already is no matter what.
  • Win the NFC North.
  • Win 1-2 Playoff games.
  • Win the Super Bowl.

What say you?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   With the Packers getting to 11 wins and clinching a playoff birth today, what do they need to do in your mind for 2019 to be a successful season?

• Win the NFC North.
  • Win 1-2 Playoff games.
  • Win the Super Bowl.

What say you?

already successful.

get playoff experience in the rookie coaches first year

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

• Win the NFC North.
  • Win 1-2 Playoff games.
  • Win the Super Bowl.

What say you?

For me....coming into the season, winning the NFC North title back was big....and given the topsy turvy two years previous - with all the changes and shakeups - not a given. 

I consider our dominance of the NFCN an accomplishment - one worth repeating and acknowledging as such.

It guarantees our entry in the playoffs - from where its all gravy IMO.

• Like 2