Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Anybody bringing back Fackrell on a cheap deal next year? I'm guessing he's not going to see a ton of interest in free agency. 

Some team will see his 10 sacks in 2018 and figure he's been stuck behind the Smith brothers this year, and they'll give him a nice payday, I'm almost sure of it.

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
23 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Anybody bringing back Fackrell on a cheap deal next year? I'm guessing he's not going to see a ton of interest in free agency. 

He's already 28 years old.  No. 

I would if it's cheap enough. 2 year deal

10 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:
16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He's already 28 years old.  No. 

What do you think about re-upping Martinez and Allison? I say, no.

Martinez probably goes for more than we want to spend... Allison is a definite no

24 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Some team will see his 10 sacks in 2018 and figure he's been stuck behind the Smith brothers this year, and they'll give him a nice payday, I'm almost sure of it.

In which case you let him go. If he is priced nicely then sure three years at whatever the going rate for a moderate backup is these day sounds good to me. If Martinez wants crazy money then go but again if its sensible you sign him. Definite no to Geronimo. 

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The time to re-up Martinez was before the season. He's going to get more than I'd want to pay him. Allison, I want no part of going forward. 

Read where the Browns are likely to let Schobert test free agency, too.

It'll be interesting to see what he and Martinez get.  

I feel like both of them are going to get overpaid.  And if not, I could get talked into either one at the right price and structure.  Solid football players.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Read where the Browns are likely to let Schobert test free agency, too.

It'll be interesting to see what he and Martinez get.  

I feel like both of them are going to get overpaid.  And if not, I could get talked into either one at the right price and structure.  Solid football players.

Packers should be looking at Schobert and Kwiatkowski .. and then maybe Martinez as a fallback .. maybe .. perhaps.

27 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Packers should be looking at Schobert and Kwiatkowski .. and then maybe Martinez as a fallback .. maybe .. perhaps.

Those 3 are similar....will be interesting to see if there is good to great money for all three out there.  If not?  Yah, label me interested.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Kumerow is going to get some increased reps according to LaFleur at his presser today.  He probably deserves a little larger role at this point.

Probably just me taking it differently, but to me that says GMO and MVS aren't getting it done. 

And that makes me sad concerning MVS.   I get it, but still, sad.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 2