Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Kumerow is going to get some increased reps according to LaFleur at his presser today.  He probably deserves a little larger role at this point.

The only man who can save this offense right there

• Like 1

This is the crap that irks me about our front office. It's Week 16. Supposedly we are a team in the hunt for a first round bye. What do the Packers, Saints, Niners and Seahawks have in common? Top 4 seeds in the NFC, yet we once again were the only team who wasn't remotely interested in a player like Suggs. There is absolutely zero argument against putting in a claim for him when you're an 11-3 team. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is the crap that irks me about our front office. It's Week 16. Supposedly we are a team in the hunt for a first round bye. What do the Packers, Saints, Niners and Seahawks have in common? Top 4 seeds in the NFC, yet we once again were the only team who wasn't remotely interested in a player like Suggs. There is absolutely zero argument against putting in a claim for him when you're an 11-3 team. 

I mean did we really need him? No. The leadership side of things would've been the best part of having him aboard. 

Not like he's exactly setting the world on fire, he said he would contemplate retiring if he didn't go to the Ravens and they didn't even put a claim in.

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -   Chandon Sullivan might remove replacing Tramon Williams from the offseason to-do list.

He's playing well and Josh Jackson didn't embarrass himself the week before when he played quite a bit. We also have Tony Brown so don't forget about him either. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean did we really need him? No. The leadership side of things would've been the best part of having him aboard. 

Not like he's exactly setting the world on fire, he said he would contemplate retiring if he didn't go to the Ravens and they didn't even put a claim in.

Do the Niners need him with Bosa and Ford? Renting Suggs for a playoff run for $350k is a no brainer. Since the trade deadline, Seattle has added Diggs, Niners added Sanders, Saints just added Jenkins. All 3 just tried to add Suggs. Good teams keep trying to get better.

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Do the Niners need him with Bosa and Ford? Renting Suggs for a playoff run for $350k is a no brainer. Since the trade deadline, Seattle has added Diggs, Niners added Sanders, Saints just added Jenkins. All 3 just tried to add Suggs. Good teams keep trying to get better.

If we were ahead of the Niners, Saints and Vikings I'd agree. Only Seattle has a higher waiver priority than us. I believe San Fran was willing to pay 350k to block NO, SEA and us from getting him. 

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So who got him?

13 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Well...Smith.  Smith.  Fackrell.  Gary.  Already 4 deep on the edge.  So not a huge need.

Then there is the money, while it would be limited, it is still money.  Money that if we don't spend simply rolls over into next year that can really help.

For the record, I'm neither "for" nor "against" bringing in Suggs.  Just two sides to it.  

14 hours ago, packfanfb said:

In Milt we Trust on the Baltimore pipeline I guess.

On a related noted, I hope Milt finds GB another Elgton type rookie OL in the 2020 draft even if he dosen't play right off the bat.

Edited by Arthur Penske