Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So yeah, sorry @Leader for pointing out the flaw in your Twitter post again, but that's meaningless. 

For comparison, the ball traveled further on 27 receptions for Rex Burkhead than it did for Aaron Jones on 49 receptions.  You can call a throw 5 yards over a player's head a target all you want.  Doesn't mean anything if it was a glorified throwaway. 

Not my comment. Take it up with Fennell.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not my comment. Take it up with Fennell.

For the last time, once you post it, it becomes your comment.  I can’t go to work and tell my boss, “**** you,” and then say, “Not my comment,” without facing the repercussions of and expecting a discussion on what I said.  You don’t have to agree with it in order to say it, and I appreciate you posting Twitter things because I’m not on Twitter, but... If you post It it’s your comment.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So yeah, sorry @Leader for pointing out the flaw in your Twitter post again, but that's meaningless. 

For comparison, the ball traveled further on 27 receptions for Rex Burkhead than it did for Aaron Jones on 49 receptions.  You can call a throw 5 yards over a player's head a target all you want.  Doesn't mean anything if it was a glorified throwaway. 

It is not meaningless, your argument has no context. 

RB YBC is typically offset by screen passes and more targets doesn't necessarily mean you will add to the total. Aaron Jones is 10th in the league in YBC among RBs/FBs. If he didn't drop that pass against Philly he would be 4th. 

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Christian McCaffrey had 116 receptions and had -14 yards YBC. 

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

It is not meaningless, your argument has no context. 

RB YBC is typically offset by screen passes and more targets doesn't necessarily mean you will add to the total. Aaron Jones is 10th in the league in YBC among RBs/FBs. If he didn't drop that pass against Philly he would be 4th. 

Okay, but how about him being 82nd in the league in catch percentage in spite of having only two drops.  How's that for context? 

• Like 1

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

Christian McCaffrey had 116 receptions and had -14 yards YBC. 

Yes, granted.  His YBC shows only that he was not some deep threat as Fennell's comment suggested.  The ball didn't travel all that long.  He wasn't consistently being targeted with catchable balls deep at some crazy rate.  The difference between McCaffrey and Jones is that Carolina's entire offense was McCaffrey making yards receiving/rushing. 

So essentially, you're right that that specific stat is not indicative of Jones not being legit, just that those deep targets Rodgers threw to him were not all that catchable. 

More appropriate is Aaron's catch percentage versus targets.  It shows clearly that his targets were not legitimate targets. 

Jones was 82nd in the league on catch percentage (receptions divided by targets). 

40th in the league among players with a minimum of 20 catches. 

If that's not irrefutable proof that Rodgers was not throwing him catchable balls I don't know what is. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes, granted.  His YBC shows only that he was not some deep threat as Fennell's comment suggested.  The ball didn't travel all that long.  He wasn't consistently being targeted with catchable balls deep at some crazy rate.  The difference between McCaffrey and Jones is that Carolina's entire offense was McCaffrey making yards receiving/rushing. 

So essentially, you're right that that specific stat is not indicative of Jones not being legit, just that those deep targets Rodgers threw to him were not all that catchable. 

More appropriate is Aaron's catch percentage versus targets.  It shows clearly that his targets were not legitimate targets. 

Jones was 82nd in the league on catch percentage (receptions divided by targets). 

40th in the league among players with a minimum of 20 catches. 

If that's not irrefutable proof that Rodgers was not throwing him catchable balls I don't know what is. 

All the proof you need is every Sunday.  The proof is in the cheese curds w/ ranch 

40 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

All the proof you need is every Sunday.  The proof is in the cheese curds w/ ranch 

I'm thinking I'm gonna block you (as should everyone else) if you don't get a pretty avatar!  Even the new guy got in on this!  Get 'r done, son!

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

For the last time, once you post it, it becomes your comment.  I can’t go to work and tell my boss, “**** you,” and then say, “Not my comment,” without facing the repercussions of and expecting a discussion on what I said.  You don’t have to agree with it in order to say it, and I appreciate you posting Twitter things because I’m not on Twitter, but... If you post It it’s your comment.  

Now if you walked into your bosses office and said hey boss Fennel says f**k you. Is that the same thing:)