Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Nobody is interested.

I get it... but I like the human side of the sport too. And heart breaking losses add to the lore of the game and teams.

Like maybe it was discussed during the time but Bostick said that was his first time on an onside kick. He knew his job but first time in the situation his offensive mindset took over to attack the ball. Just interesting...

to me at least.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  The four players in 2019 whose play most swung the success for the Packers:

Blake Martinez
Darnell Savage
Aaron Rodgers
Bryan Bulaga

Not sure how you don't put Amos in there or Z Smith.  Savage/Martinez seem pretty replaceable.

20 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Not sure how you don't put Amos in there or Z Smith.  Savage/Martinez seem pretty replaceable.

The name that came to my mind was Aaron Jones....but hey, its his evaluation.
He had a point system posted that I didnt bring over cause there was no explanation how the values were achieved (player or positional production/value) which makes them difficult to assess.

Edited by Leader

37 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Z Smith, P Smith, Amos were improvements for the defense.

Aaron Jones on offense.  Maybe better OL play there as well.

Team chemistry overall, team health as factors also

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  The four players in 2019 whose play most swung the success for the Packers:

Blake Martinez
Darnell Savage
Aaron Rodgers
Bryan Bulaga

I assume he means the teams success correlated to these guy’s performances, not which players helped the Packers most this year. 

ie if they had a good game, Packers on the whole performed well. If they didn’t, the Packers did poorly. 

Edited by mikebpackfan
  • Like 1

Jimmy Garoppolo's QB rating by receiver:

Kyle Juszczyk: 122.1
Kendrick Bourne: 121.2
Raheem Mostert: 119.5
George Kittle: 119.4
Deebo Samuel: 109.2
Richie James: 97.9
Ross Dwelley: 87.5
Matt Breida: 85.6
Emmanuel Sanders: 85.5
Tevin Coleman: 82.6
Dante Pettis: 52.3

• Peter Bukowski - We should have traded for Emmanuel Sanders. It was a miscalculation. They expected — as I did — GMO would be the guy we saw early last year. He wasn’t. EQ gets hurt. MVS goes into witness protection. I don’t think it was crazy to think they’d be OK. They just turned out to be wrong.

5 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

I assume he means the teams success correlated to these guy’s performances, not which players helped the Packers most this year. 

ie if they had a good game, Packers on the whole performed well. If they didn’t, the Packers did poorly. 

It is still kind of dumb. If you take someone not listed (Z) and replace him with someone below replacement level, the below replacement level’s played would have a large impact on the game 

7 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

How is Aaron Jones not on that list then?