Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

28 minutes ago, 66PinG said:

Which is probably the biggest correlation to the Teams success. Every time AJ had a good game, they won. When he didn't ( his 3 games < 50 total combined yards), they didn't.

Pretty simple for me to put him close the the top of this list. 

Because he's a RB. Jones playing very well is driven far more by others playing well.

Really? When is the last time the Packers have had a RB like him?

Besides, RB is a pretty integral part of an offense that sets up the pass with the run...

beside that, he is a PDG receiver out of the backfield, or even when split out...

perhaps others appearing to play well is drivin by Jones' ability. Ever think of that?

I, myself, happen to believe it is a combo of both.

10 hours ago, 66PinG said:

Really? When is the last time the Packers have had a RB like him?

Besides, RB is a pretty integral part of an offense that sets up the pass with the run...

beside that, he is a PDG receiver out of the backfield, or even when split out...

perhaps others appearing to play well is drivin by Jones' ability. Ever think of that?

I, myself, happen to believe it is a combo of both.

When was the last time Lacy was in shape? That was the last time we had a RB like Jones.

RB is an inherently replacable position. It is established by the Offensive line first and foremost.

When was the last time Jones made an impact in the passing game outside of screen passes? Not his fault, but the production hasn't been there in like 8 weeks. 

Who else appears to be playing well in this offense. Adams production is down, the rest of the receivers aren't standing out. We all hate Graham. Rodgers looks washed. It's not like our offense is playing great outside of Jones.

Sometimes you get so into the day by day minutiae, you miss the big picture.

This year the Packers had a new head coach, many new position coaches, a new playbook and a different philosophy. They secured a 13-3 season and a postseason win to get the Pack into the conference final. The 'winning ugly' to get there hardly matters, style points don't change the result, it is a terrific effort by a team that seems to have bonded well.

Great props to Brian Gutekunst and Matt LaFleur  for their parts in turning this team around so quickly. I was one of the more optimistic posters here before the season started - and I was hoping for something like a 10-6 season..............I don't think anyone thought the Packers would have the season they did. Some times you need to just kick back and smile at how things turned out. For those that say any season that doesn't bring home a Lombardi is a failure, stuff you, the game is all about the journey. The Superbowl trophy is like a medal of honour on a soldier, what matters isn't the medal itself, it's what they did to earn it.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Sometimes you get so into the day by day minutiae, you miss the big picture.

This year the Packers had a new head coach, many new position coaches, a new playbook and a different philosophy. They secured a 13-3 season and a postseason win to get the Pack into the conference final. The 'winning ugly' to get there hardly matters, style points don't change the result, it is a terrific effort by a team that seems to have bonded well.

Great props to Brian Gutekunst and Matt LaFleur  for their parts in turning this team around so quickly. I was one of the more optimistic posters here before the season started - and I was hoping for something like a 10-6 season..............I don't think anyone thought the Packers would have the season they did. Some times you need to just kick back and smile at how things turned out. For those that say any season that doesn't bring home a Lombardi is a failure, stuff you, the game is all about the journey. The Superbowl trophy is like a medal of honour on a soldier, what matters isn't the medal itself, it's what they did to earn it.

Don't forget props for Mark Murphy.  He was the one that hired both of those guys.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Not much talk anywhere about how the new structure ruined the Packers org recently. Nothing silences criticism faster than success.

Yeah there were some insane conspiracy theories about Murphy around that whole deal. People are weird.

Edited by Kepler