Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Did we just get lucky this year (?) or could MLF's practice schedule and some new strength and conditioning procedures actually result in so few injuries?

Right now I'm leaning toward lucky. If the injuries are down for a couple years in a row after this, I could believe the coaches are having an impact there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Right now I'm leaning toward lucky. If the injuries are down for a couple years in a row after this, I could believe the coaches are having an impact there.

I think it is more of a mentality issue in the past. If you play not to get injured, you get more injuries. This year they played and while minor injuries, they got back on the field and didn't baby them within a couple of plays.

1 hour ago, fattlipp said:

Maybe we can bring Wilkerson back for cheap, his DUI issues should be over.... and give BJ Raji a call, see if he needs more cash to take care of his Aunt...

I thought you were serious at first and I was about to angry respond to you.  Lol.  I’ll check and see if they’re still in Madden and get back to you.

7 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Looking for impressions from some of the more knowledgeable posters. Is Kenny Clark strictly an inside guy or can he move to 3T or even 5T? 
would adding a huge NG like the kid from Utah (6-5” - 337#) and move KC to 3T be an improvement?

Kenny Clark is a 3 down DL. I get needing help up front, but I'll still stay away from 2 down NT types. Clark is best inside and moving him would be counter productive on a few different levels.

3 hours ago, spilltray said:

Kenny Clark is a 3 down DL. I get needing help up front, but I'll still stay away from 2 down NT types. Clark is best inside and moving him would be counter productive on a few different levels.

We started a 2 down DL all year, wouldnt hurt to have one who's good at his job.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Looking for impressions from some of the more knowledgeable posters. Is Kenny Clark strictly an inside guy or can he move to 3T or even 5T? 
would adding a huge NG like the kid from Utah (6-5” - 337#) and move KC to 3T be an improvement?

Kenny Clark is kind of a freak.  Powerful.  Anchor.  With quickness.  Can he move around, sure.  Should he?  Probably not.  His combination of skills serves him really well at his current position.  

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:
13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Luck

I don't buy  luck. MLF's first year and a new trainer " leading" the room and the team suddenly is the healthiest it's been in like a decade. There's something to it. As TT would have said, the proof is in the pudding.

Luck is just one form of probability. We definitely had some things go in our favor this year with injuries

13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't buy  luck. MLF's first year and a new trainer " leading" the room and the team suddenly is the healthiest it's been in like a decade. There's something to it. As TT would have said, the proof is in the pudding.

Although I cant put a finger on it exactly, I tend to agree.

I mean....where were the *incessant* (and I mean, like every other week kind of incessant) hamstring / groin injuries this year?

We lost time on some guys sure....but he "biggest" injury that comes to mind is Davante's turf toe.

Edited by Leader