Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

40 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Im not buying it, how are you not pumped to play for a spot in the super bowl. I think it’s an excuse for lack of talent on GBs part. 

Lol.  Lack of talent.  I’m sick of this.  How many defenses have as much talent as our defense just did?  Do you think two double digit sack EDGEs is normal?  Or having Jaire/King?  The Eagles literally had grocery baggers playing corner for them and gave up less points to the Seahawks.  

This some Capers era ****.  We need an ILB.  And also IDL.  This after we need an EDGE.  We need two EDGES.  We need two EDGES and two safeties.  We supposed to contribute top draft capital and cap on 4 new starters every ****ing year until we just start over?

Like are we in year two of adding four plus defender starters?

Four more this year and then we’ll only need 3 more to get to 11 the next year?

We ****ing have talent on this defense.  Don’t sit there and tell me we don’t.  

If your players aren’t hyped up for a chance at the Super Bowl, your name might be Mike Pettine.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Lack of talent.  I’m sick of this.  How many defenses have as much talent as our defense just did?  Do you think two double digit sack EDGEs is normal?  Or having Jaire/King?  The Eagles literally had grocery baggers playing corner for them and gave up less points to the Seahawks.

Since SF only needed to throw the ball ~10 times in that NFCCG, I am not sure the relevance of having 2 double digit sack EDGE rusher is/was.   Similar with Jaire and King

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This some Capers era ****.  We need an ILB.  And also IDL.  This after we need an EDGE.  We need two EDGES.  We need two EDGES and two safeties.  We supposed to contribute top draft capital and cap on 4 new starters every ****ing year until we just start over?

If your players aren’t hyped up for a chance at the Super Bowl, your name might be Mike Pettine.

Just now, squire12 said:

Since SF only needed to throw the ball ~10 times in that NFCCG, I am not sure the relevance of having 2 double digit sack EDGE rusher is/was.   Similar with Jaire and King

Gosh maybe Pettine could have tried a little harder to make them throw against Jaire and Kevin instead of not doing that. 

It's just strange to me, we have so much energy going in all these other games but once we go to Cali specifically the Niners place, we just don't have any on either side of the ball. LaFleur needs to change something up this offseason preparing to go out there if we have Cali games. Z saying he needed to be hyped by other guys is kind of shocking to me for THIS game. Is that Pettines job too to get his defensive players ready and hyped? Sure, but the head coach is the guy who comes up with that routine and schedule for the players to prepare for the games. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

It's just strange to me, we have so much energy going in all these other games but once we go to Cali specifically the Niners place, we just don't have any on either side of the ball. LaFleur needs to change something up this offseason preparing to go out there if we have Cali games. Z saying he needed to be hyped by other guys is kind of shocking to me. Is that Pettines job too? Sure, but the head coach is the guy who comes up with that routine and schedule for the players. 

I want MLF to get mad enough to step out of Shanny’s shadow and be the man that Shanny worries about.  Then his players and coaches won’t have any lame excuses.

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Im not buying that part, as far as I’m concerned they could have a librarian as a coach but the players should have hyped themselves up. It’s not every day you get a chance at a SB. Or maybe guys like Rodgers and Tramon should have been pumping them up, since they know how hard it is to get back. 

The packers do have talent on defense but only in certain areas. The 49ers have more talent in the packers weak spots. Basically all the packers talented players became non relevant because the packers are trash at stopping the run, have been all year and the 49ers knew that. 

PFT: Former Packers safety LeRoy Butler was a Pro Football Hall of Fame finalist for the first time this year, but he will not be a member of the Class of 2020.

Butler, who was hoping for a knock on his hotel room door from Hall of Fame President David Baker, instead got a phone call informing him that he was not selected.

“Sorry Packers fans,” Butler wrote on Twitter. “I missed it this year!! Thank you to all the fans that voted for me!! GOD IS GOOD!!!

For those who care about upgrades to compete next year.  Per PFF:  Of the lowest 15 grades on the Packers in 2019 TE, LB, DL dominate those stats  ...    Lowest 1st

DL  Adams   41.3

TE  Tonyan   55.4

OLB  Gary  55.8

LB  Goodson  57.2

DL  Lancaster  57.2

LB  Martinez  57.7

TE  Graham  58.0

OLB  Fackrell  58.0

DL  Lowry  59.6

Over 1/2 of the 15 are of those 3 positions ... telling.  Must, must have upgrades!  

Edited by coachbuns

11 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

For those who care about upgrades to compete next year.  Per PFF:  Of the lowest 15 grades on the Packers in 2019 TE, LB, DL dominate those stats  ...    Lowest 1st

DL  Adams   41.3

TE  Tonyan   55.4

OLB  Gary  55.8

LB  Goodson  57.2

DL  Lancaster  57.2

LB  Martinez  57.7

TE  Graham  58.0

OLB  Fackrell  58.0

DL  Lowry  59.6

Over 1/2 of the 15 are of those 3 positions ... telling.  Must, must have upgrades!  

I really really didn't want Adams to bust but it's trending that way. What's scary is that Pettine said he was probably the "most improved" player during the off-season program. Hopefully that was just motivational coach-speak otherwise you have to question that evaluation given what we've seen. 

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I really really didn't want Adams to bust but it's trending that way. What's scary is that Pettine said he was probably the "most improved" player during the off-season program. Hopefully that was just motivational coach-speak otherwise you have to question that evaluation given what we've seen. 

Not really, that correlated with what the beat guys saw every practice too. Practice isn't games. You can be the most improved player in the off-season and get worse on the field. Just means you aren't a gamer, and it's starting to look like Adams isn't. Can't fault Gute. Still remember saying to my buddies he was the #1 player on my board in the 3rd when we were OTC. I would've picked him too. Just isn't the guy he was at Auburn or the Senior Bowl.