Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can't recall a single outrageous thing that Daniels said in his time here.  Wasn't it basically always about needing to be high energy and physical?

Kenny Clark is WAY more physically gifted than Daniels was.  He's just way more talented.  

It sounds like you're saying that genuine stars should be the only ones allowed to talk to the media. 

Looking at the bolded part...yes, no one is debating the talent of Clark versus Daniels.  What is debated is how they speak.  Clark, while being the better player, doesn't have to talk "tough" like Daniels did.  Different kind of a person then Mike was and is.  

And no, in none of my past did I reference who should and should not talk to media.  Like not at all.  You jumped to that conclusion.  

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Daniels was always full of bravado.  Maybe it was "energy" or "physical", but he sure talked a really tough game.  And it was consistent.

Look.  I have no problem with Daniels.  GB needed someone to be outspoken and that was him.  My issue was that his play rarely matched his mouth.  

And to be fair, that may have been part of what made him a good player for a few years.  Kind of self motivating.  I think that is part of him and what made him successful as an undersized DL.

And that bravado wasn't just while in GB...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/08/28/new-detroit-lions-dt-mike-daniels-youll-see-how-motivated-am/2140193001/

Detroit — Rod Wood called it “Mike Daniels: Unplugged.”

And while it may not quite qualify as bulletin board material, for a buttoned-up organization like the Lions, the new defensive tackle’s comments on Wednesday did qualify as brash.

You’ll see how motivated I am,” said Daniels after being a surprise cut by Green Bay, where he spent seven solid seasons, including a Pro Bowl appearance.

Daniels said he was recruited after his release from the Packers by former teammate TJ Lang, who retired from the Lions this offseason.

“One of the biggest things he told me is that you’re at a place where you fit in,” Daniels said. “We have a lot of alpha-type personalities. Not a lot of fake tough guys, but actual tough guys. You’ve got guys who aren’t afraid to confront one another when things go wrong…

Daniels stopped himself, gesturing to Patricia: “If I’m saying too much, just tell me to shut up.

Look, he was full of these little quips while in Green Bay.  They take nothing away from his solid play while on the field, but it's just Mike being Mike.  

This is going to be my exhibit A when discussing Packers fans being the most sensitive fan base ever. He said not one single thing bad about the Packers in that quote. Saying positive things about the team you just signed with isn't a bad thing.

Come on

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is going to be my exhibit A when discussing Packers fans being the most sensitive fan base ever. He said not one single thing bad about the Packers in that quote. Saying positive things about the team you just signed with isn't a bad thing.

Come on

lol right. And even still, we complained for years about our team being too soft. Mike is cut and says, in different words, that our team was soft. So what, we knew that.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Come on

I'll keep a list of your "Exhibit A's" sometime...if that what this site is about.  Believe me, it would be a very long list.  

I'm not sensitive about Daniels, even praised him multiple times.  But you are ignorant if you are ignoring how he talked in interviews.  It was full of bravado.  And that is unlike other guys that we've had talk to the media.  Even his little quotes that I listed were full of bravado...so much so that he had to ask his coach if he should "just shut up".

Tell me...who else talked as tough as Daniels did during their tenure in GB?  I mean, if we are looking at GB as a collective here, Daniels was the one that talked a really big game.  I don't think anyone has come close to him yet.  And I'm not saying that is a bad thing, as stated, I'm sure it hyped him up and led to him being a better player.  But, it is different than the "norm" than we've seen.

Edited by vegas492

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'll keep a list of your "Exhibit A's" sometime...if that what this site is about.  Believe me, it would be a very long list.  

I'm not sensitive about Daniels, even praised him multiple times.  But you are ignorant if you are ignoring how he talked in interviews.  It was full of bravado.  And that is unlike other guys that we've had talk to the media.  Even his little quotes that I listed were full of bravado...so much so that he had to ask his coach if he should "just shut up".

Tell me...who else talked as tough as Daniels did during their tenure in GB?  I mean, if we are looking at GB as a collective here, Daniels was the one that talked a really big game.  I don't think anyone has come close to him yet.  And I'm not saying that is a bad thing, as stated, I'm sure it hyped him up and led to him being a better player.  But, it is different than the "norm" than we've seen.

The fact that you think it's even worth commenting on a defensive guy talking to the media "full of bravado" is just a sad indictment of our fanbases desire to rip on everybody who ever left the team. 

• Like 2