Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The fact that you think it's even worth commenting on a defensive guy talking to the media "full of bravado" is just a sad indictment of our fanbases desire to rip on everybody who ever left the team. 

I've said it about Daniels when he was here, too.  He spoke differently than anyone else.  When he was here and when he left.  I can't remember another Packer player who talked like him.  It was a refreshing change from the "norm".

You and I have much different opinions on the definition of the phrase "rip on" when talking about current Packers and former Packers.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cannondale said:

I remember it well. Monster game against Seattle and invisible the rest of the year. 

Many defenders, then and now, had monster games against Seattle.  That line has been pretty poor for a long time.  

And that doesn't take away from what Daniels did against them.  I remember that game.  He wrecked it for them.

29 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've said it about Daniels when he was here, too.  He spoke differently than anyone else.  When he was here and when he left.  I can't remember another Packer player who talked like him.  It was a refreshing change from the "norm".

You and I have much different opinions on the definition of the phrase "rip on" when talking about current Packers and former Packers.

I remember reading articles how his Leadership style was rubbing some players the wrong way in his final Packer years. So it wasn't just you that took note of how he carried himself in the locker room and to media. I remember in the beginning he was regarded as an old school leader and it was a refreshing change. I think as time passed some of the younger players didn't like his style and started tuning him out. Not sure that "Bravado" he consistently expressed was reaching the younger players.

Just to be clear I always like Daniels and his no nonsense demeanor, but I can understand why it began to get old in the locker room.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

I remember reading articles how his Leadership style was rubbing some players the wrong way in his final Packer years. So it wasn't just you that took note of how he carried himself in the locker room and to media. I remember in the beginning he was regarded as an old school leader and it was a refreshing change. I think as time passed some of the younger players didn't like his style and started tuning him out. Not sure that "Bravado" he consistently expressed was reaching the younger players.

Just to be clear I always like Daniels and his no nonsense demeanor, but I can understand why it began to get old in the locker room.

Not that it really matters, but the Frank Clark talks similarly to Daniels.  Only he goes to an even farther extreme.  I took note of what Daniels said and stuff, but it never really mattered to me, just found it interesting.  Clark, on the other hand, turned me off with how he talked before the Super Bowl and after.  To be fair to Daniels, I don't think he was on the same level as Clark as far as the tough talk went.

As far as the locker room goes, we will never really know, we can just speculate.  And I"ll speculate that Daniels and his style of leadership really helped Clark grow as a player.  And I can't help but wonder if players like Z and P would have really liked Daniels.  

So much so that if Daniels were to be a free agent, and available on a "kick the tires", "prove it deal" at a "vets league minimum", I'd take him back in a heartbeat to see if there is "anything left in the tank"

Did I get them all?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So much so that if Daniels were to be a free agent, and available on a "kick the tires", "prove it deal" at a "vets league minimum", I'd take him back in a heartbeat to see if there is "anything left in the tank"

So damn true, if he was never a packer. Couple years ago when Hali came up like 50 times, I was just like there's no bounds to who they'd want to kick the tires on.

Cobb maybe would be better than adding absolutely no veteran WR and that's about it.  Better than no move at all.  We can do better than that and it wouldn't take much.

We will draft at least one WR and likely quite early, and likely one later in a WR deep draft.  Very possibly a TE too.   That is where we most likely find help.  ESB I still have hope for and Lazard is a player.  Receivers can be found.   What we really need is better play by the guy throwing them the ball and managing distribution. 

I am focused more on fixing our defensive issues. 

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You missed "vets minimum".  :)

No actually a conscious decision to leave it off. Given the year he had at DAL I didnt think it would qualify.
In fact "Anything left in the tank" was a borderline decision (again based on his 2019 performance...) but included for the humor and entertainment value of the post :)