Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:09 AM, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -  Packers wanted ad at LB reads: “Everything Kenneth Murray brings to the table”

• Ross Uglem -  Such a fascinating draft. So many of the guys who make sense for Green Bay play positions they’ve just REFUSED to spend 1s on. Can’t wait to see how this goes.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Same here .. at pick #30 you aren't going to get a perfect player.  They all need some work at that point in the draft. 

I'm already foreseeing a trade back from #30.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

WE HAVE TO SIGN PAUL RICHARDSON. 

He is EXACTLY what we wanted Trevor Davis to be.  We need him. 

The dude chose money over opportunity and I do not remotely blame him, but the man averaged 16 yards per reception in his contract year when he had a competent QB and I feel like he could be a legitimate deep threat for us. 

If we sign him and him alone I would be comfortable getting out of the draft with another 3rd-5th round WR and what we have.

Adams, MVS will have his Davante year 3, Richardson, Lazard and a 3rd-5th is better than the majority of receiving corps in the NFL. 

Please no, unless hes going to be a #4 or 5 but thats usually for developmental guys. His biggest sell was his speed which is gone now. He's a lean injury prone  WR that cant get separation anymore. 

Andy Herman -  Things I wouldn’t do this offseason:

Trade for Odell Beckham
Re-sign Randall Cobb
Overpay Blake Martinez
Keep Jimmy Graham
Let Bryan Bulaga walk
Rely on Oren Burks as the answer at ILB
Leave the draft without at least 2 WRs
Let Clark go into 2020 w/o an extension

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  Things I wouldn’t do this offseason:

Trade for Odell Beckham
Re-sign Randall Cobb
Overpay Blake Martinez
Keep Jimmy Graham
Let Bryan Bulaga walk
Rely on Oren Burks as the answer at ILB
Leave the draft without at least 2 WRs
Let Clark go into 2020 w/o an extension

I'd disagree on a few of these;

1. I'd consider OBJ for a second

2. I'd consider Cobb if cheap (under 5M)

3. I'd consider letter Bulaga go if he wants more than 2 years guaranteed 

4. If we signed a wr, we could leave the draft with only 1 wr

5. Clark can ever 2020 without an extension (would like it done though)

Edited by pacman5252
clicked enter before done

10 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

No thank you.

1. No way in hell. Everyone wanted AB last year too. I don't think OBJ is going to have THAT level of a meltdown, but he's not worth the combination of his contract and the picks it would take to get him.

2. I see the appeal but he already HAD a prove it deal this year and did. Whoever signs him is going to have to give him a 3 year deal at least.

3. Obviously price is always a debate, but this is more speaking to the people who aren't even interested in discussing giving him a contract.

4. That would be leaving the draft with 2 new WR this offseason. One just is in FA. I see this as the same thing

5. Clark's extension HAS to be a priority.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, spilltray said:

No thank you.

1. No way in hell. Everyone wanted AB last year too. I don't think OBJ is going to have THAT level of a meltdown, but he's not worth the combination of his contract and the picks it would take to get him.

2. I see the appeal but he already HAD a prove it deal this year and did. Whoever signs him is going to have to give him a 3 year deal at least.

3. Obviously price is always a debate, but this is more speaking to the people who aren't even interested in discussing giving him a contract.

4. That would be leaving the draft with 2 new WR this offseason. One just is in FA. I see this as the same thing

5. Clark's extension HAS to be a priority.

1. I’m not the biggest obj fan but never say never. For cheap enough I’m okay with it. His contract has no like guarantees. He is more immature and less a hole like Brown. 

2. We’ll see. I don’t see teams lining up to give him multiple years

3. For me Bulaga is all price. Paying him is like paying Perry a few years back. Letting him go would suck but it also sucks paying an aging OL who is always dinged up. Whoever signs him will likely regret it in year two.

4. We need to only bring in two wrs whether draft or FA. 

5. Agreed, it can be done in season though.

13 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Whew I sure hope Gute doesnt share this mentality. 

You can try Richardson out to see what's left if curious.  Won't cost anything but a plane ticket and lunch.  Might as well re-sign Ryan Grant.

We will sign a mid and/or lower range veteran WR, with no guarantee they will make the team.  Our improvement will come from present bodies and through the draft more than likely.

Edited by 15412

Kari Bernier has been named the 22nd member of the Packers FAN Hall of Fame on Monday. From 10 finalists chosen last fall, Bernier was selected by fans as more than 60,000 votes were cast in January for the honor. Bernier, a librarian in a grade 3-5 school from Dyersburg, Tenn., is such an influence that this past season as the Packers made their run to the NFC title game, one of her students shaved the "G" logo in the side of his head and painted it green and gold.  "I'm getting kids to be Packer fans and now they're going to grow up and be them," she said.

43 minutes ago, Leader said:

Kari Bernier has been named the 22nd member of the Packers FAN Hall of Fame on Monday. From 10 finalists chosen last fall, Bernier was selected by fans as more than 60,000 votes were cast in January for the honor. Bernier, a librarian in a grade 3-5 school from Dyersburg, Tenn., is such an influence that this past season as the Packers made their run to the NFC title game, one of her students shaved the "G" logo in the side of his head and painted it green and gold.  "I'm getting kids to be Packer fans and now they're going to grow up and be them," she said.

Outpost was snubbed yet again

48 minutes ago, Leader said:

What the hell kind of masturbatory nonsense is a fan hall of fame?