Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, green machine said:

Be weary of a London game coming up.

Green Bay should use that as some leverage with the league regarding the 2020 draft. We travel well, and sell out. I think that's one of the reasons we haven't been over there yet. Not in a threatening way, but maybe a gentle reminder. We help you out, you help us out. Of course only if GB is indeed capable of hosting it at that point. 

18 hours ago, Golfman said:

I'm pulling the trigger at any point if a guy drops that makes it too difficult to pass up: see Rodgers, Aaron! 

Including if we fall in love with Jordan Love this year. That might actually be the motivation to make Aaron cut it loose next year. 

Guys who were supposed to go No. 1 overall don't fall to the mid-20s very often. In anything, since then, QBs have been over-drafted, especially in the first round. If you get that type of gift that falls into your lap, sure, but I'm not looking to take a QB, I'm looking for a player to help me win the Super Bowl in 2020. 

NFL Update -  Packers president Mark Murphy told reporters today that the logistics of a 17-game schedule have not been worked out yet, but one possibility is to have all teams in one conference play 9 home games and the other conference 8, then alternate year by year.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

NFL Update -  Packers president Mark Murphy told reporters today that the logistics of a 17-game schedule have not been worked out yet, but one possibility is to have all teams in one conference play 9 home games and the other conference 8, then alternate year by year.

They need to stop making stuff up and just announced that there are going to be 16 neutral site international games each year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

17-game schedule? This is pure greed. Are they thinking nothing of the players' health? They had better increase the roster size to 60 with 55 actives on game day. 

Increasing the roster size to 55 and capping the players game check at 250k although there's supposedly a loophole for players that this has a negative impact on and can be negotiated with on a per player basis

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If GB does get the draft.....I have a place about 30 minutes away that can sleep 5-6 easily.   Would be a great little get-to-gether.

I'm terrified to meet any of you and assume the feeling would be mutual. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Guys who were supposed to go No. 1 overall don't fall to the mid-20s very often. In anything, since then, QBs have been over-drafted, especially in the first round. If you get that type of gift that falls into your lap, sure, but I'm not looking to take a QB, I'm looking for a player to help me win the Super Bowl in 2020. 

One could make a case that Lamar Jackson should have gone #1 overall two years ago. BTW, in hindsight Rodgers should have gone #1, but going into the draft it was a toss up between him and Smith. Rodgers happened to have the Tedford stigma hanging over his head too. 

I would be curious how many drafts the first QB taken turns out to be the best QB of the draft. 

In hindsight, Brett Favre should have been the #1 in his draft as well. 

I also never said if the #1 overall prospect who happens to be a QB falls to us, we should take him. Jordan Love is not currently rated in the top 3 prospects, but some 'experts' feel he COULD turn out to be the best. Is that hyperbole? I have no idea at this point and that's why the experts miss on 1st round picks every year. 

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Increasing the roster size to 55 and capping the players game check at 250k although there's supposedly a loophole for players that this has a negative impact on and can be negotiated with on a per player basis

LOL! There isn't a snowballs chance in hell they are capping a players game check to 250K. There are QB's making over 1.5 million a game! 

47 minutes ago, Golfman said:

LOL! There isn't a snowballs chance in hell they are capping a players game check to 250K. There are QB's making over 1.5 million a game! 

Since only 10% of the players earn over that and it is only a simple majority of all players to pass, it could happen.

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

It's what they proposed in the CBA and owners have came out and said if this CBA isn't agreed on it's a lock out.

4 hours ago, Norm said:
6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If GB does get the draft.....I have a place about 30 minutes away that can sleep 5-6 easily.   Would be a great little get-to-gether.

I'm terrified to meet any of you and assume the feeling would be mutual. 

I met @Cadmus and it was honestly one of the worst experiences of my life

• Like 2