Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Due diligence.......

PackersWire -  According to Aaron Nagler of CheeseheadTV, the Packers are planning to pursue Nick Kwiatkoski, who will be an unrestricted free agent after starting 22 games over the last four seasons with the Chicago Bears.

A fourth-round pick of the Bears in 2016, Kwiatkoski developed into a quality backup and then became a reliable starter for Chicago’s defense after an injury ended Danny Trevathan’s season early.

Over 512 snaps in 2019, Kwiatkoski produced 76 tackles, three sacks and eight tackles for losses. He also broke up four passes, intercepted one and allowed a passer rating of just 66.0 into his coverage, while also forcing a fumble and creating a safety.

<<Kwiatkoski.....Schobert.....has it been rumored we're reaching out to LIttleton yet?>>

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   One potential scenario not being discussed enough for the Packers: if Bryan Bulaga market turns out to be robust, Green Bay could keep Lane Taylor, slide him to the right side with Billy Turner going to tackle.

Man sometimes peter just needs to not speculate for clicks and likes. Tuner at RT is a horrible plan. Especially without Veld signed. Would much rather have Veld if bulaga left.

few nuggets I missed that maybe others saw:

1. Everyone assumed Jimmy will be cut and I think that’s likely but reduced salary is a possibility too like Silverstein says

2. Fackrell expects to sign a 1 year deal to stay in GB.

https://nfltraderumors.co/nfc-notes-lions-packers-redskins/

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Man sometimes peter just needs to not speculate for clicks and likes. Tuner at RT is a horrible plan. Especially without Veld signed. Would much rather have Veld if bulaga left.

1. Everyone assumed Jimmy will be cut and I think that’s likely but reduced salary is a possibility too like Silverstein says

I like both of those things as much as I dislike moving Turner to RT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   One potential scenario not being discussed enough for the Packers: if Bryan Bulaga market turns out to be robust, Green Bay could keep Lane Taylor, slide him to the right side with Billy Turner going to tackle.

Gross.  Billy Turner would be an absolute dumpster fire at RT.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Gute publicly disclosed his interest in signing Hooper only to drive up the cost for the Bears to sign him.  Doubt we sign him.

Great comment. Gute’s more talkative than TT, but he’s still not going to float anything substantial. Especially this time of year.

And it’s not the first time he’s played the bears. Didn’t they put in a RFA offer on Kyle Fuller a couple years back? Made chicago either ante up or lose him. Am I recalling that correctly?

• Like 1

I doubt the Packers would slide Billy Turner to RT. If we can see his limitations they certainly can. I think they Packers Bulaga is a real asset, and I believe they’ll try to keep him, barring a price tag that prohibits that. And yes, that could happen since tackles are a valuable commodity in the NFL. 

In that case the contingency plan would likely be to try to squeeze one more year out of Veldheer and to draft a prospect to season for down the road.

Edited by JQ1

53 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

Great comment. Gute’s more talkative than TT, but he’s still not going to float anything substantial. Especially this time of year. And it’s not the first time he’s played the bears. Didn’t they put in a RFA offer on Kyle Fuller a couple years back? Made chicago either ante up or lose him. Am I recalling that correctly?

Is there an actual source for this angle where Gute is trying to drive up Hooper's price for the Bears? Seems a bit early in the process no? Are the Bears on record somewhere saying they want Hooper?

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

With that quote, this idea has already been discussed too much.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why would Fackrell come back? Is he going to try his hand at ILB?

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is there an actual source for this angle where Gute is trying to drive up Hooper's price for the Bears? Seems a bit early in the process no? Are the Bears on record somewhere saying they want Hooper?

Free agency starts on March 18 Leader, so no it’s not too early for the smoke to start. After all, it’s in full throttle about the draft, and that’s at the end of April.

As for an “actual source,” it’s all speculation as near as I can tell, based upon who will be in need of a Tight End. Here’s one example of what’s floating around::

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/bears-wouldnt-be-a-bidding-war-favorite-for-austin-hooper

So take it for what it’s worth, off-season banter on this forum, and for the media, click-bait!  ( - : #

Edited by JQ1

12 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

Free agency starts on March 18 Leader, so no it’s not too early for the smoke to start. After all, the smoke has started about the draft and that’s not until the end of April. As for an “actual source,” it’s all speculation as near as I can tell, based upon who will be in need of a Tight End. Here’s one example of what’s floating around:: https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/bears-wouldnt-be-a-bidding-war-favorite-for-austin-hooper So take it for what it’s worth, off-season banter on this forum, and for the media, click-bait!  ( - : #

Okay. Wasnt a challenge. Was just wondering if there was something to it.