Leader

Random Packer News & Notes

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I hated that episode the first time I watched it, but the second time I couldn't stop laughing. 

My buddy was watching it live and texted me it was horrible. I laughed the first time, but the last time I saw it I was dying. All the songs were in my head for days lol

That part i quoted about kills me

I'm going to change the subject before people complain and try to dictate what we talk about. 

In Packer news, I feel like Gute is much faster at signing his draft picks than Thompson was.  We have 10/11 draft picks signed.  I feel like Thompson wouldn't even sign his late first round picks until the end of May, first week of June.  Can anybody confirm or deny this? 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm going to change the subject before people complain and try to dictate what we talk about. 

In Packer news, I feel like Gute is much faster at signing his draft picks than Thompson was.  We have 10/11 draft picks signed.  I feel like Thompson wouldn't even sign his late first round picks until the end of May, first week of June.  Can anybody confirm or deny this? 

Also is it just me or was Gute a really quick trigger on draft day too? Seems like every pick we went straight to the podium. 

Was told this story a long, long time ago.

A young bull and an old bull were staring out over a pasture when they saw a herd of heifers.  The young bull got all excited, looked at the old bull and said, "Let's run down there and fornicate with a heifer!!!!"

Old bull looked at the young bull and stated, "Let's walk and do the whole herd instead."

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Was told this story a long, long time ago.

A young bull and an old bull were staring out over a pasture when they saw a herd of heifers.  The young bull got all excited, looked at the old bull and said, "Let's run down there and fornicate with a heifer!!!!"

Old bull looked at the young bull and stated, "Let's walk and do the whole herd instead."

22 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Geronimo Allison is a named player. I've seen him play. You expecting him to magically change and be better this year is unrealistic. The rookies are day 3 picks. Check the stats on how they usually turn out, especially in year 1. Again...risk and a lot of it. Don't see the point in gambling when you have 12. We have extra money, spend it.

If you believe that Geronimo Allison is a name player, than I'm not sure we're ever going to find any sort of common ground.  The casual fan has no idea who Geronimo Allison is.  That's not a name a player.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you believe that Geronimo Allison is a name player, than I'm not sure we're ever going to find any sort of common ground.  The casual fan has no idea who Geronimo Allison is.  That's not a name a player.

How's the concept of a "named player" being applied?

Someone who's talents and game are said to be known quantities?

Oren Burks signed.  Entire draft class signed by May 17th.  That has to be a record for as long as I've paid attention.  Also, is he really wearing 42?  That's not a LB number.  Can he do that? 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Oren Burks signed.  Entire draft class signed by May 17th.  That has to be a record for as long as I've paid attention.  Also, is he really wearing 42?  That's not a LB number.  Can he do that? 

7dfac0b2237e5269ecb7a40a09cc8416.png