Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

from packers.com

Kevin King estimated he suffered at least 10 shoulder dislocations last season, including one early in training camp. The issue lingered and often handcuffed him, forcing him in and out of games and mostly taking away his ability to use two hands and press at the line of scrimmage.

King sat out against Minnesota, Baltimore and Tampa Bay before finally traveling down to Birmingham, Ala., to undergo season-ending surgery with Dr. James Andrews in December. I went to the best surgeon in the world, Dr. Andrews. He got me right, so I feel good.

”He’s been engulfed in the playbook of new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine and spent extra time working with House and Williams after meetings.The three have been attentive students in the classroom of defensive pass-game coordinator Joe Whitt. With House and Williams combining for 18 NFL seasons, King can think of no two better veterans to help him learn the position.

• Like 1

Part of why Woods on was so good off the field was he really got the entire DB group sold on that idea of being that type of film rat. It's obvious Tramon really took that to heart and is helping bring it back. There was good reason the Packers we're a top team in INTs every year.

42 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Part of why Woods on was so good off the field was he really got the entire DB group sold on that idea of being that type of film rat. It's obvious Tramon really took that to heart and is helping bring it back. There was good reason the Packers we're a top team in INTs every year.

We played an extremely aggressive defense and were terrible on 3rd down?

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Music to my ears. Been waiting 10 years for this. Saw something yesterday we maybe saw 2-3 times in TT's entire tenure (that might be generous to TT) -- GB cut an UDFA and signed a vet to take his spot on the roster. Hallelujah! 

• Like 1

We've got to get AR reupped - but I think Gute is working these short term contracts to fill holes / depth - knowing next year we'll be free and clear of them (if we want....) and will have other players coming off the books. Good accounting.

On 25/05/2018 at 12:42 AM, Shanedorf said:

from packers.com

Kevin King estimated he suffered at least 10 shoulder dislocations last season, including one early in training camp. The issue lingered and often handcuffed him, forcing him in and out of games and mostly taking away his ability to use two hands and press at the line of scrimmage.

King sat out against Minnesota, Baltimore and Tampa Bay before finally traveling down to Birmingham, Ala., to undergo season-ending surgery with Dr. James Andrews in December. I went to the best surgeon in the world, Dr. Andrews. He got me right, so I feel good.

I found that rather worrying. I mean, 10 dislocations......10 !

That suggests a rotator cuff injury where the rim of the cuff is broken. I do hope there is a good fix for that, that both holds it firmly in place AND doesn't inhibit movement. The only two bright spots are that that a renowned guy has fixed it, and this should have shown up in physicals from the Combine onwards, so the Packers should have been aware of it when they drafted King.

13 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I found that rather worrying. I mean, 10 dislocations......10 !

That suggests a rotator cuff injury where the rim of the cuff is broken. I do hope there is a good fix for that, that both holds it firmly in place AND doesn't inhibit movement. The only two bright spots are that that a renowned guy has fixed it, and this should have shown up in physicals from the Combine onwards, so the Packers should have been aware of it when they drafted King.

I had a partial labrum tear and had the same issue. Constant dislocations.