Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

It’s honorary... he get Doctor added to his name when he gets a legit degree haha. He get that then maybe he can solve all the injuries GB gets too .

If you don't want me calling myself a doctor, don't give me a doctorate is all I'm sayin

7 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

I mean of course. They need to be sure he is 100% that is common sense. From all accounts he is healthy and looks great in practice. They wouldn't be so aggressively trying to lock him in to an extension if they weren't 100% sure he was fully healthy. I mean could he get hurt again? Any one could..

My main counterpoint to your post is that the Packers will never put themselves in a position that would cripple the franchise based on his contract. If Rodgers isn't healthy or isn't an above average QB the franchise is crippled in the short term either way. On top of that they are one of the best franchises in the league at managing the cap. Your argument in that regard is short sided and lacks context based on their history of cap management. 

It's a little different now with QB's commanding ridiculous salaries.  Wouldn't say it's short sighted at all.  When you devote north of 80 million guaranteed you are putting the franchise at risk.  Period.  I haven't heard anything about how he has looked in practice other than he got picked off twice.  I also would disagree that they are aggressively trying to lock him up right now.  The Packers are holding all the cards here not Rodgers.  If they were smart they would wait. 

Of course the reports are they are working on a new deal.  What else are they supposed to say?  Minny, Atlanta, Oakland all of these teams are taking a massive risk with massive contracts containing huge guaranteed money.  Minny in particular.  That deal with Cousins was stupid crazy.  I hate the Vikings anyway but the point is paying any player that kind of guaranteed money is a huge huge risk.  Aaron's contract when done will also be a huge risk.  Nothing the Packers can do the market is the market.  How do you know Aaron is 100%?  I sure don't.  Don't think anyone in this forum knows.  The Packers should be getting a pretty good idea by the time training camp rolls around.  As for me I'll have to see how he performs in a few regular season games before rendering judgement.  

As I stated earlier he missed most of last season with a serious injury to his throwing shoulder.  At this moment in time he does not deserve to be the highest paid player in the league.  Also you can't say he's the best QB in the league either.  We simply don't know he'll have to prove himself after the injury.  He might comeback at 80 or 90%.  We'll just have to wait and see.

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

ex packer getting it done in Canada 

Was one of the weirdest Ted decisions I ever saw him make. Burks was great in the 2016 preseason, then Ted signed Don Jackson who we cut before camp to the PS instead of him. Then we signed him to the PS in Nov and was cut a week later. No idea what the deal was there.

He was good in the NFL development league too. I think he could have been a good 3rd back. Oh well, good to see him do well elsewhere.

5 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

WRs getting a running start in the CFL always bothers me.  

Was Burks Lacy's buddy that we cut to try to light a fire under Eddie? Or was that someone else?

It's gonna be in the NFL within 20 years.