Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

I love watching the talent that moves through the CFL. The Calgary Stampeders have been long time supporters of Iowa QBs, most recently with Drew Tate as their back up and Ricky Stanzi as their 3. I'm still clinging onto hope of my boy Americanzi climbing the ranks and becoming a pro football legend.

CFL is seriously fun. My dad's side is Canadian. I remember being up there Summers an d watching it. Bar I used to work at used to ***** I'd put it on one TV but over time they started to like it. Couple regulars started betting on it even lol

6 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

I love watching the talent that moves through the CFL. The Calgary Stampeders have been long time supporters of Iowa QBs, most recently with Drew Tate as their back up and Ricky Stanzi as their 3. I'm still clinging onto hope of my boy Americanzi climbing the ranks and becoming a pro football legend.

I remember when Stanzi out dueled that dip**** Blane Gabbert.  I was mad as hell.

3 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I remember when Stanzi out dueled that dip**** Blane Gabbert.  I was mad as hell.

Stanzi played the game manager in that game beautifully. Near perfect passer rating while the ground game got something like 250 yards. 

And don't forget what really won them that game, the 75 yard pick six from Micah Hyde. There is a Packers note for ya @Leader

On 6/4/2018 at 11:05 PM, Scoremore said:

He has been injury prone and it should be a major concern. 

How is he injury prone?  

Oct 15, 2017 NFL Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Rodgers returned for 1 game before sitting out the final 2 weeks.
Dec 11, 2016 NFL Leg Calf Strain Rodgers' injury wasn't considered serious.
Dec 21, 2014 NFL Leg Calf Tear Rodgers reportedly had a "slight" tear in his calf.
Nov 4, 2013 NFL Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Rodgers' injury forced him to miss the next 7 games.
Dec 12, 2010 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Rodgers missed 1 game with his 2nd concussion of 2010.
Oct 10, 2010 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Rodgers didn't miss a game following his Week 5 concussion.
Nov 19, 2006 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Rodgers was placed on IR after suffering a foot fracture.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst is hiring an old friend for his personnel department. Lee Gissendaner, who spent 17 years in Green Bay in the 90s and 2000s, is coming back as a personnel executive to the player personnel department. Yes, that title is a mouthful.

- Per the GB soccer beat reporter.

I posted this before...but I think this is when/where they'll announce ARs' new deal

GREEN BAY, Wis - The Green Bay Packers will hold the annual Meeting of Shareholders on Wednesday, July 25.

The meeting will kick off at 7 p.m. at Lambeau Field.

It's a special year for the Packers as the team celebrates its 100th season. The Shareholders meeting will coincide with activities kicking off the centennial celebration.

8 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I posted this before...but I think this is when/where they'll announce ARs' new deal

GREEN BAY, Wis - The Green Bay Packers will hold the annual Meeting of Shareholders on Wednesday, July 25.

The meeting will kick off at 7 p.m. at Lambeau Field.

It's a special year for the Packers as the team celebrates its 100th season. The Shareholders meeting will coincide with activities kicking off the centennial celebration.

Anyone ever been to that? I get the tickets every year and its always within a day or two of my birthday. Would be cool to head to GB for the weekend one year, but it sounds deathly boring and not worth the trip at all

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

Anyone ever been to that? I get the tickets every year and its always within a day or two of my birthday. Would be cool to head to GB for the weekend one year, but it sounds deathly boring and not worth the trip at all

Nope. Never been to GreenBay - but if a weekend jaunt there sounds like a good idea, then do it.

Fit the stockholder meeting stuff in if you so choose - and leave if it gets boring.

On 6/14/2018 at 5:43 AM, packerrfan74 said:

They synced up the shareholders meeting with the opening of TC and your birthday, so you can hit the meeting and take in a TC practice too.

And the most important consideration is that you can tailgate for both

packergirls.jpg

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

They synced up the shareholders meeting with the opening of TC and your birthday, so you can hit the meeting and take in a TC practice too.

And the most important consideration is that you can tailgate for both

packergirls.jpg

Wait, what!?  I thought all woman from Wisconsin were fat ugly cows?  So say Vikings fans anyway.