Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  LOVE this anecdote from Davante Adams. Said Jerry Rice told him the reason he was able to catch so many balls was not because he saw the ball, but because he'd seen it before.

It's the preparation.

If anyone tags me in this I'll legit burn this website down

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TheEagle said:

I lived in Minnesota for a long time. They are definitely bitter there (little brother syndrome). I would have thought it would be better in Florida. I've liked most Bears fans that I meet--even those at a Bears-Packers game at Lambeau.

It's not better in Florida because I just don't interact with them a lot, meaning they aren't here... Bears and Lions fans are definitely represented down here... I guess Vikings just like to be miserable in Minnesota...

5 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

I lived in MN for 15 years due to a job transfer. As others point out, they do have that "little brother syndrome", made worse by many "close-but-no-cigar" seasons which takes a toll on their psyche. This is partially why they are fair-weathered--it's a coping mechanism. (Another is simply going to an indoor stadium for a bunch of cold weather Scandinavians, which is like keeping a champion lines hunting dog inside, making them a lazy house dog.) They get puffed up with "paper tiger-ism" after the draft, but at the first sign of adversity during a season they start to bail on the team, so as to avoid the heartache of falling short yet again. Their psyche is so damaged that when sports radio do surveys asking which they'd prefer, namely, the Vikings win (against an opponent other than the Packers) or the Packers lose, the majority choose the latter. While there are great exceptions, usually from outside the fickle suburban Twin Cities, most of their fans are just bitter, like a woman scorned. Beating the Packers is their Super Bowl.

Their Lombardi was Favre kicking our teeth in the first year he was there... Then again their ending with him was so much of what their franchise and Favre himself became...

As a Packers fan I wish he played the way he did during that first year with the Vikings for us during some of the retirement years.... Damn, a missed opportunity... 

9 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

As a Packers fan I wish he played the way he did during that first year with the Vikings for us during some of the retirement years.... Damn, a missed opportunity... 

I dont remember it exactly, but didnt he have a pretty good year.....the year we lost at Lambeau to Eli and the Giants? For some reason, I recall his stats being pretty good that year.

Edited by Leader

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont remember it exactly, but didnt he have a pretty good year.....the year we lost at Lambeau to Eli and the Giants? For some reason, I recall his stats being pretty good that year.

He did, but I'm not talking about the 2007 resurgence... There were times in our playoff runs where I feel if he had that drive he had the first year with the Vikings we would have gone farther. This is just my personal opinion... I love the guy but the ball control... only throwing 7 picks in a year, hell he threw 6 in st louis during a playoff run. A lot like to talk about 4th and 26th which is horrible, but Favre's last pass in that game IMHO was just as bad if not worse... That 2003 team was damn good... Still love and respect the gunslinger but damn, I wish we had a little more Minnesota Brett in Green Bay during some decent runs...

• Like 1

Little intoxicated after softball tonight but wanted to take a sec and say I appreciate everyone on this forum. Having an outlet to talk Packers, even with random folks on the net is a small, yet awesome part of life. We don't always agree or always share the same depth of knowledge on all things Packers, but there's a reason why we've dominated the Packers forum (versus other team forums) for several years running. Glad to be a small part of it, and here's to hoping 2021 is another great year for the Pack. 

*Disclaimer: I understand this isn't " Random Packers News" but f*ck it. 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Little intoxicated after softball tonight but wanted to take a sec and say I appreciate everyone on this forum. Having an outlet to talk Packers, even with random folks on the net is a small, yet awesome part of life. We don't always agree or always share the same depth of knowledge on all things Packers, but there's a reason why we've dominated the Packers forum (versus other team forums) for several years running. Glad to be a small part of it, and here's to hoping 2021 is another great year for the Pack. 

*Disclaimer: I understand this isn't " Random Packers News" but f*ck it. 

DUDE YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU, MAN - Misc - quickmeme

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Wilson -    Packers cut Bailey Gaither from reserve-retired list.

This is a move that at times is done to free up a player to sign with a CFL team, will be interesting to see if Gaither is an Edmonton Elk in the coming weeks.