Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Dang.  So, not only can't he play a base defense over Barnes, which I understand.  But, he's clearly behind Summers, Burks and McDuffie?

Anyone know if he is vaxxed?  

I was just going to ask the vax question. Couldn't find anything on Google. He got covid last year, so who knows.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He had his chances as well .. couldn't get it done at the pro level.

I think I put this in the game day thread.  If I am a sucker for anything, it is a non power 5 defensive back with good measureables.  Which, means I love the idea of Ka'dar Hollman.  Last week I looked at some of the game cut-ups of Hollman in college.  I saw a guy that avoided contact and was just fast enough to be in the right area when he got beat, which was more that you would hope at a lower level of competition.  

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Dang.  So, not only can't he play a base defense over Barnes, which I understand.  But, he's clearly behind Summers, Burks and McDuffie?

Anyone know if he is vaxxed?  

I think it is a strong likelihood of that being the reason. 

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

At ILB, I was thinking cut Summers and give Martin one more chance.  But doing the opposite is not a shocker.

I looked at the GB depth chart on the website last week.  Summers was ahead of Martin on that thing, for whatever that is worth.

But yah, not a shocker, but I thought Martin had more upside than Summers.  Summers, though, to me, played decent on specials. 

But this is kind of a shocker.  Takeaway should be that Campbell is for realsies.

Shocked at Martin cut.

Barnes clearly outplayed him and bringing in Campbell was a clue I should've taken more seriously. When a draft pick doesn't work out you bring in a FA. Still I thought he makes it as 3rd ILB at the very least.

Summers clearly takes the ST spot.

I would be surprised if McDuffie makes the roster. When we play alot of dime and nickle it negates the need to keep more than 3 ILB.

Having said that Burks is also there as a 4th guy but I suspect they will choose him to take Ramsey roster spot.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Eh, He was a 5th rounder. You're not going to hit on all of them there so I don't know if I'd call him Bustville. That's more Jackson.

Yeah .. hard to call a 5th rounder a bust, but I think he was one of the darlings of camp last year and then fizzled once the bright lights came on.  Still, I think a lot of folks were expecting him to make a push for a starting gig this year and he just wound up sinking down the depth chart.