Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm saying dont do the wave.

3 things that NEED TO GO immediately:

1.  The Wave

2.  The Gatorade Bath

3.  DBs doing the Deion Sanders high step with their hand behind their head on a interception.

These things aren't original and are at least over 30 years old.  Get something new.  

only if you....GET OFF MY LAWN!

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

Chiefs cut Taco Charlton. That's a player I wouldn't mind seeing be our #4 EDGE. Think with all those tools and having Mike Smith and the Smith bros there to help coach him up, he could actually become something in this league. Plus who wouldn't love having a Taco on their roster.

definitely a spot we could look to improve  from roster cuts here in the next couple weeks

• Like 1

Doubt we will but the Packers should keep an eye on the Rams punting situation come cut-down time because they have Hekker and Corey Bojorquez on their roster. Hekker has been a top punter for years and Bojorquez was one of the best in the league last season with Buffalo. I'm assuming they won't carry both and the Packers need to admit to themselves that they can upgrade from Scott. Dude is just way too inconsistent, especially once the temperature drops below 60 degrees. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Doubt we will but the Packers should keep an eye on the Rams punting situation come cut-down time because they have Hekker and Corey Bojorquez on their roster. Hekker has been a top punter for years and Bojorquez was one of the best in the league last season with Buffalo. I'm assuming they won't carry both and the Packers need to admit to themselves that they can upgrade from Scott. Dude is just way too inconsistent, especially once the temperature drops below 60 degrees. 

If Bojorquez was so good last year, what is he doing in camp with the Rams and Hekker? Genuine question. 

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

If Bojorquez was so good last year, what is he doing in camp with the Rams and Hekker? Genuine question. 

Was wondering the same thing, I don't follow the Bills' transactions so not sure if he was a FA or what. Had one of the best averages (and net avgs) last year. 

2 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Chiefs cut Taco Charlton. That's a player I wouldn't mind seeing be our #4 EDGE. Think with all those tools and having Mike Smith and the Smith bros there to help coach him up, he could actually become something in this league. Plus who wouldn't love having a Taco on their roster.

All those tools that have gotten him cut from 3 teams so far? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

All those tools that have gotten him cut from 3 teams so far? 

He's a 4-3 power end all day that was drafted solely on potential and measurables(ht/wt/length). He also doesn't have the burst to be a 3-4 EDGE either nor the mobility. 

Ryan Wood -   Packers fans will never give him credit because of the name on the back of his jersey, but that Kevin King presser was pretty damn impressive. Even if it was seven months in the making.

Matt Schneidman -   Kevin King: "I'm gonna be one of the top players in this league and nobody can take that from me."

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   Kevin King: "I'm gonna be one of the top players in this league and nobody can take that from me."

Gotta stay heathy first...

...oh, and have a DC that knows how to draw up coverage schemes.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood -   Packers fans will never give him credit because of the name on the back of his jersey, but that Kevin King presser was pretty damn impressive. Even if it was seven months in the making.

Even Vince Young thinks that statement is too much

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Gotta stay heathy first...oh, and have a DC that knows how to draw up coverage schemes.

It was a bad defensive call - but King simply got smoked by Miller - 1 on 1 - adios.
He let him behind him and it was over.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

It was a bad defensive call - but King simply got smoked by Miller - 1 on 1 - adios.
He let him behind him and it was over.

Miller's a burner and we all know it, he could've done that to anyone. I doubt we're poo-poo'ing King if Pettine didn't give up on the first half and took Tampa Bay's drive a lot more seriously.

You could argue that Pettine ruined King....

Edited by Joe