Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Super dumb .. should have tackled him before getting scorched.

?  The pattern Miller ran wasnt a given. TB could easily have been playing for the short reception / field goal attempt.

Whether King could keep up with Miller in a drag race...if he *knew* Miller was gonna run a fly pattern.....I dont know. He didnt on that play.

Edited by Leader

Just now, Leader said:

?  The pattern Miller ran wasnt a given. TB could easily have been playing for the short reception / field goal attempt.
Whether King could keep up with Miller in a drag race...if he *knew* Miller was gonna run a fly pattern.....I dont know. He didnt on that play.

I'm just saying there is no way you can let that guy get past you .. tackle him, trip him, whatever .. take the penalty instead of giving up a TD

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm just saying there is no way you can let that guy get past you .. tackle him, trip him, whatever .. take the penalty instead of giving up a TD

Yeah well, he tried that technique on the critical 3rd down (?) play in the 4th Qtr.  That didnt go so well either.

I agree - he cant let that guy behing him - but - its not like he knew Miller was just gonna take off. He had to consider the possibility at least he'd run a shorter route. By time he crossed that off the list....Miller was 3-5 yards behind him.
It happens.

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah well, he tried that technique on the critical 3rd down (?) play in the 4th Qtr.  That didnt go so well either.

I agree - he cant let that guy behing him - but - its not like he knew Miller was just gonna take off. He had to consider the possibility at least he'd run a shorter route. By time he crossed that off the list....Miller was 3-5 yards behind him.
It happens.

Lafleur said later there was some confusion as to what the defensive play call was. I've wondered if King thought they were in zone and he would have deep safety help and realized too late he was supposed to be playing man on Miller . 

This "wave" thing....

I'm assuming its the mexican wave that is done in many sports stadiums all over the world. How is that affecting our offence? it's essentially silent. People stand up and lift their arms then sit down.

I'm a tad confused.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

This "wave" thing....

I'm assuming its the mexican wave that is done in many sports stadiums all over the world. How is that affecting our offence? it's essentially silent. People stand up and lift their arms then sit down.

I'm a tad confused.

No, they yell as they stand up. It can get kinda loud. 

Man I love Z, I was hoping we'd extend him. I'm very concerned with all the negative news coming out about his unhappiness. Good pass rushers are hard and expensive to come by. I hope they just move on from Adams and pay Z Instead. Let Adams be the highest paid somewhere else.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

All those tools that have gotten him cut from 3 teams so far? 

No better place to refine those tools than in Green Bay, if you ask me. 

Just saying I think it'd be worth a shot and an interesting pickup to fill the depth at EDGE. Not asking for him to be a starter or a guy getting tons of reps. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe said:

He's a 4-3 power end all day that was drafted solely on potential and measurables(ht/wt/length). He also doesn't have the burst to be a 3-4 EDGE either nor the mobility

The dude is athletic and 6'6" 280lbs... noones going to ask him to cover backs out of the flat. Well, maybe Pettine would have lol.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Will Redmond done for the year.  IR.  I'd like to see the Packers acquire a true #3 safety .. who's available out there?

Hmmmm.....I wonder if they do an injury settlement and cut him loose....or bring him back next year.
This might put Yiadom in play for a roster spot.

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

what do we think we could potentially get for Za'Darius after the season? @AlexGreen#20 @Packerraymond@whoever else

He'll be 30 when he plays in 2022. On the other hand it will cost 15.75M if someone trades for him. I can see a high 2nd round pick as the best case scenario. Ngakoue was traded for a second and a conditional 5th. He clearly wanted out, but at the same time he was 24 I believe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VonKarman said:

He'll be 30 when he plays in 2022. On the other hand it will cost 15.75M if someone trades for him. I can see a high 2nd round pick as the best case scenario. Ngakoue was traded for a second and a conditional 5th. He clearly wanted out, but at the same time he was 24 I believe.

I was kinda thinking like maybe a 2nd too