Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I haven't been following too closely since the draft...

What happened to Kamal Martin that he got cut?  Did he really regress that much?

Hard to say exactly what led to it, but he was truly awful against the Jets.  Consistently out of place, looked lost quite often and showed none of the physicality that was his one bright spot in 2019.  Surprised they gave up so early and I kinda figure there was more behind the scenes, but what was shown on the field in his one chance was really ugly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I haven't been following too closely since the draft...

What happened to Kamal Martin that he got cut?  Did he really regress that much?

His biggest downfall was not being where he's supposed to be in pass coverage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Weren't you as big of an EQ honk as me around draft time?

I liked the upside of the pick at the time, but he never showed anything here. Caught a few balls late in his rookie season and I think people thought he was going to emerge, but it never happened, plus he's hurt all the time. No sense in continuing to carry the guy along. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I liked the upside of the pick at the time, but he never showed anything here. Caught a few balls late in his rookie season and I think people thought he was going to emerge, but it never happened, plus he's hurt all the time. No sense in continuing to carry the guy along. 

I definitely agree.  

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   The Packers now have over $4 million in salary cap charges sitting on season ending Injured Reserve when the 2021 season starts. I suspect they will agree to injury settlements with some of the 5 players to lower this number.