Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think Lancaster is as much on the bubble as I think people wish he were.

Agreed. Helfin's been around for a hot minute and Slaton was essentially a massive upgrade over MAdams. I'm hoping we can get Heflin to the PS in the event he doesn't make the final roster...

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Pelissero -   The Packers released WR Devin Funchess off injured reserve with an injury settlement. He's a free agent.

Funchess, Nauta and Thompkins all with injury settlements off the IR. Ramsey and Redmond remain on the IR, would not be surprised to see settlements for them in the next couple of days also. 

Whoever is handling the additions and subtractions on the Packers website isn't doing a very good job keeping up with the transactions. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Pelissero -   The Packers released WR Devin Funchess off injured reserve with an injury settlement. He's a free agent.

I think the injury probably screwed up what was going to be an attempt by GB to trade him. Just was a tough fit once the Cobb trade was forced into existence. That being said, I hope Funchess ends up in the AFC or some crap team because I seriously think he could be the No. 3 WR on any other North team right now. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I think the injury probably screwed up what was going to be an attempt by GB to trade him. Just was a tough fit once the Cobb trade was forced into existence. That being said, I hope Funchess ends up in the AFC or some crap team because I seriously think he could be the No. 3 WR on any other North team right now. 

He's gotta make the team with whatever injury he has, and its getting late in the preseason.  Maybe a PS player somewhere to start out???

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think his hammy is that bad. Probably ready to play in a few weeks.

Yep, and Funchess knew he had better show something this year or there wouldn't have been any phone calls for next year. I'm thinking we save a good chunk as he bet on himself and good for him. 

I hope he gets a chance. I know there are two teams in our division who could use this guy. Probably three because the Vikings depth is terrible too. 

I just hope the racial slur he uttered in the interview didn't play into this decision. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Just put MVS on Breeland and run this play 5 times a game.

It was hilarious how obvious it was that Pat knew instantly he was dead. He looks away but that ball was going there all the way

That won't happen regular season though I'm sure

Ryan Wood -   Entering preseason: I had no idea what to expect from #Packers QB Jordan Love. Leaving it: I think he has a chance. You can at least see why he was a first-round pick. Awfully talented. Doesn’t mean he’ll make it, but … he at least has a chance.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -  The wringing of hands over CBs is... I guess understandable but is

Jaire
King
Sullivan
Stokes
SJC
some guy

not better than

Jaire
King
Sullivan
Jackson
Hollman
some guy

All going to come down to King/Stokes locking down the No. 2 spot. We already know that's where teams are throwing the ball. Huge key to our season.