Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Field Yates -   The Packers are trying out TE Josh Pederson, the son of Doug Pederson who before his time as the Eagles head coach had two stints as a backup QB in Green Bay. The younger Pederson has been with New Orleans and San Francisco this offseason.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -   The Packers are trying out TE Josh Pederson, the son of Doug Pederson who before his time as the Eagles head coach had two stints as a backup QB in Green Bay. The younger Pederson has been with New Orleans and San Francisco this offseason.

Not a great sign for Sternberger

2 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Not a great sign for Sternberger

I had high hopes for Sternberger when we drafted him. He's been a disappointment. I think his run is over with us. He will get another shot but I do think we are going to with Dafney as TE #4. 

Jake Morley -   In no way am I upset 33 was extended. He’s one of my favorite guys to root for in the last decade. (Which is what’s supposed to make this fun, right?) But going into the season with Dillon/Hill? They’d be fine.

///

Did Jones extension come after drafting Hill?

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Jake Morley -   In no way am I upset 33 was extended. He’s one of my favorite guys to root for in the last decade. (Which is what’s supposed to make this fun, right?) But going into the season with Dillon/Hill? They’d be fine.

///

Did Jones extension come after drafting Hill?

No. Jones was first. 

But we have Jones/Myers instead of Hill/Linsley.

Who does everyone pick?

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No. Jones was first. 

Who does everyone pick?

Okay. Thanks. I thought the extension was first - which kind of blows up the theory of the guy's tweet.
We couldnt have known Hill would be there.

I'm okay with how it played out. The wild card is Myers. If he gets it done - the move was solid.
Regardless how much I liked Linsley - he was getting up there and looking for an expensive 3rd contract - after a season of back problems. He was good for us....but it was time to move on IMO.

Edited by Leader

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No. Jones was first. 

Who does everyone pick?

Jones and it's really not close for me. Then again, I pounded the table for resigning him more than most here. I think he transcends the normal "don't pay RB" rule. He's a game-changer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No. Jones was first. 

Who does everyone pick?

Still would have preferred Dillon/RB pick/IOL pick  and use the Linsley/Jones money to upgrade the DL or CB

Suh, Tomlinson, Reed, Ogunjobi at DL or Griffin, Fuller, Darby at CB instead of King