Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Field Yates -    The Packers converted $1.213M of CB Chandon Sullivan's salary into a signing bonus, creating $970,400 in cap space (adding 4 void years).

• Peter Bukowski -   Packers creating some space for an extension? They already had a nice buffer for in-season moves.

Edited by Leader

As soon as I get back to Green Bay?? Man, I’m telling you: It’s like I had never left.

Same diehard fans (my IG followers immediately went up like 50k — thanks, y’all). Same sense of community (we immediately had family friends offering to help child-proof our house). Same iconic franchise. Same chills as you walk in the building. It felt like I’d been gone for two hours, not two years.

But for all those things that are the same, there’s a lot of new here, too…. and I like that. Coach LaFleur and I have had some great conversations already. He’s an impressive guy. I love the way he thinks about football — and I think there’s a mutual respect there between us.

As for the receivers room, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: This is Davante’s room. I’ve enjoyed watching Tae take command, and witnessing his growth as a leader. Tae is THE top receiver in the world right now. And it’s an honor to be one of his running mates again, and to be a veteran in the building who can help him set the tone.

A role like this, for me, it’s just a dream come true. My vets in Green Bay, when I was coming up as a young receiver, they were everything: Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones. There’s a lineage there. And to be honest, I feel like that’s what you lose when you let your vets go too soon — whether it’s been me, or Jordy, or Clay, or C Wood, or Hawk, or whoever. You lose those voices who can show the next group the way. And that’s part of why I’m excited to be back: so I can help guys like MVS and Allen and Amari reach their full potential. So I can do for them what my OGs did for me.

Also — we have a pretty decent quarterback, from what I can see.

No, in all seriousness, The MVP (x3) is one of the greatest football players ever. And I know that his only goal for this season is to win another Super Bowl. So for a guy like that to believe I can help him achieve a goal like that….. it gives you all the confidence you will ever need.

And I’ll tell you one other thing about Aaron: My guy is even better than I remember.

Like, I spent the last two seasons playing with two of the most elite quarterbacks in the league. Two guys who can flat-out sling it. I take nothing away from either of them, ever. But let me put it to you like this: Coming back to Aaron, after those couple of seasons away….. it was an adjustment. Because even compared to two of the most elite quarterbacks in the league — it’s still a shock, for real, those first few reps you have with #12. It’s still a shock when you remember that, no matter how much precision and how much zip you’ve gotten used to there being on the ball?? With Aaron…... you better get your head around!!!

He’s the best there is, man. And he’s locked in.

We’re all locked in.  

Randall Cobb

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -    The Packers converted $1.213M of CB Chandon Sullivan's salary into a signing bonus, creating $970,400 in cap space (adding 4 void years).

• Peter Bukowski -   Packers creating some space for an extension? They already had a nice buffer for in-season moves.

I suspect that they will get Adams inked to a new deal this season.  Could be a he who snoozes loses deal with Adams and they reward Jaire Alexander with a new deal .. maybe even MVS?

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I suspect that they will get Adams inked to a new deal this season.  Could be a he who snoozes loses deal with Adams and they reward Jaire Alexander with a new deal .. maybe even MVS?

If MVS shows some bonafides, and Lazard is Lazare, and you look at the 2022 WR FA, Adams is not a must sign IMO.

Alexander is getting a monster deal, no way they let him go, if it was between the two for a big deal Jaire gets it.

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VonKarman said:

I'd rather sign MVS+Tonyan+Lazard for Adams' price.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Pretty sure Lazard is a restricted free agent. I completely agree with the sentiment but don't want Davante walking for a 3rd in 2023 either. 

It’s gonna be a tough call. Would a tag and trade even be an option with adams?

6 hours ago, Leader said:

As soon as I get back to Green Bay?? Man, I’m telling you: It’s like I had never left.

Same diehard fans (my IG followers immediately went up like 50k — thanks, y’all). Same sense of community (we immediately had family friends offering to help child-proof our house). Same iconic franchise. Same chills as you walk in the building. It felt like I’d been gone for two hours, not two years.

But for all those things that are the same, there’s a lot of new here, too…. and I like that. Coach LaFleur and I have had some great conversations already. He’s an impressive guy. I love the way he thinks about football — and I think there’s a mutual respect there between us.

As for the receivers room, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: This is Davante’s room. I’ve enjoyed watching Tae take command, and witnessing his growth as a leader. Tae is THE top receiver in the world right now. And it’s an honor to be one of his running mates again, and to be a veteran in the building who can help him set the tone.

A role like this, for me, it’s just a dream come true. My vets in Green Bay, when I was coming up as a young receiver, they were everything: Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones. There’s a lineage there. And to be honest, I feel like that’s what you lose when you let your vets go too soon — whether it’s been me, or Jordy, or Clay, or C Wood, or Hawk, or whoever. You lose those voices who can show the next group the way. And that’s part of why I’m excited to be back: so I can help guys like MVS and Allen and Amari reach their full potential. So I can do for them what my OGs did for me.

Also — we have a pretty decent quarterback, from what I can see.

No, in all seriousness, The MVP (x3) is one of the greatest football players ever. And I know that his only goal for this season is to win another Super Bowl. So for a guy like that to believe I can help him achieve a goal like that….. it gives you all the confidence you will ever need.

And I’ll tell you one other thing about Aaron: My guy is even better than I remember.

Like, I spent the last two seasons playing with two of the most elite quarterbacks in the league. Two guys who can flat-out sling it. I take nothing away from either of them, ever. But let me put it to you like this: Coming back to Aaron, after those couple of seasons away….. it was an adjustment. Because even compared to two of the most elite quarterbacks in the league — it’s still a shock, for real, those first few reps you have with #12. It’s still a shock when you remember that, no matter how much precision and how much zip you’ve gotten used to there being on the ball?? With Aaron…... you better get your head around!!!

He’s the best there is, man. And he’s locked in.

We’re all locked in.  

Randall Cobb

Preach Randall. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Could he turn out to be The one who got away?

I always enjoyed his interviews, he came of as a bright and energetic guy. His resume was good. He definitely strikes me as an east coast guy so Miami and then NY make sense as landing spots. Of course, we had a NY coach who ended up fitting in pretty well in GB. Good luck to the guy except when he plays GB!

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Why's that

First would be the Packers would need to have the cap space to carry the tag. Second would be no team is giving up high draft capital to give a WR 25-27M a year. Third would be the Packers wouldn't do what players and agents feel is a low class move made by low class teams. The Packers either sign him in season or they let him walk and take their compensatory pick.

• Like 1