Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

It’d be unbelievable.  But Schrager’s proposed trade is grossly unrealistic.  Maybe one decent player and a couple 1st picks….maybe.

Think 2 FRPs and someone like Hamler (not him, the Packers don't really need any WRs) is probably as good as it gets.  Maybe a couple of mid round picks.

• Like 1

I'm pulling for the Schrager deal or something similar.  Every deal that's been thrown out there by a pundit has been similar with (3) 1sts and multiple players.  It's probably wishful thinking, but I'm going to hope these guys can speak it into reality.  I don't think the number of years left on the deal is going to matter, because he's more than likely going to demand a new deal.  I just hope we don't wind up with a crap return like when we dealt Favre away.

1 hour ago, 15412 said:

2 1's and preferably Surtain but would settle for Chubb would do it for me.

Both Chubb and Miller have serious legal issues right now. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them gets a suspension of some sort before the year is over. 

If we're trading Rodgers to Denver, I'd have to go Surtain, next year's first, 2 seconds, and Bridgewater. Why Bridgewater, because Love isn't ready; his performance Sunday was in garbage time. This scenario is a lot more realistic and we all know that our biggest weakness is STILL that IDL outside of Kenny. Plus, there will be some good EDGE guys in the next draft to replace at least one of the Smiths.

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

Both Chubb and Miller have serious legal issues right now. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them gets a suspension of some sort before the year is over. 

If we're trading Rodgers to Denver, I'd have to go Surtain, next year's first, 2 seconds, and Bridgewater. Why Bridgewater, because Love isn't ready; his performance Sunday was in garbage time. This scenario is a lot more realistic and we all know that our biggest weakness is STILL that IDL outside of Kenny. Plus, there will be some good EDGE guys in the next draft to replace at least one of the Smiths.

I wasn't aware of any legal issues for Chubb, even w/o I too prefer Surtain.  Love isn't ready now, but through the year with another camp coming next he may be closing in on that deal.  No Bridgewater for me.  I expect there will be competition for Rodg from multiple teams..keeping the price up a bit.

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Schrager has lost his damn mind if he thinks Rodgers is worth that much.

First of all, yes he is. Second, I'd only do that trade if we didn't have to take Teddy Two Gloves. Chubb is going to need an extension since next year is his fifth year option. 

Before you go discounting what Rodgers is worth, ask yourself these questions. Who in college football looks like a franchise QB? How many look like franchise QB's? The numbers are a lot less than teams who are going to be looking for franchise QBs. 

Also, Watson's legal troubles will not be over and the teams looking for a franchise QB will be a lot greater than those who are going to be able to acquire/draft one. Price goes up in that situation. 

Also, nobody is trading for Rodgers 'on a one year contract'! There will be an extension worked out prior to the trade being made. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1