Jump to content

Random Packer News & Notes


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Smidgeon said:

Is there a limit on how many times a player can be protected on the PS?  If not, this might be the list all year long...or at least until they decided to elevate the LS.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/2021/9/1/22651355/2021-nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility-size-roster-cuts-covid-19-coronavirus

According to this, the team can protect up to four of its practice squad members.  It does not mention any limit.  The limits come from elevating a player to the active game day roster.  Under current rules, you can elevate a PS player to the roster, and that player does not have to be cut or clear waivers to remain on the practice squad after the game.  However, the player can only be elevated to the roster twice.  I believe that player then needs to be cut, and make it through waivers before the team could re-sign him, but I am not sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul Bretl -  Savage will get the week to see if he can go Monday night, said LaFleur. Deguara is still going through concussion protocol. Lucas Patrick in concussion protocol as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -  Savage will get the week to see if he can go Monday night, said LaFleur. Deguara is still going through concussion protocol. Lucas Patrick in concussion protocol as well.

Patrick played every snap against the Saints. When did he get a concussion?

Link to post
Share on other sites

thx Brat & Beer

DE Carl Granderson with the unfortunate helmet-helmet contact with Patrick
Lucas is wearing a new helmet specifically designed to help ameliorate the forces of repetitive hits for OL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Bukowski -  This leaves the Packers with two likely options: Put Jon Runyan Jr. at LG and roll with it or Billy Turner slides back to RG and Dennis Kelly plays RT.

  • Ben Fennell -    ...I'd consider Runyan even if Patrick was 100%. He was terrible vs NOR.
  • Ross Uglem -   Yep.

///

JRJ seems to be the consensus......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  This leaves the Packers with two likely options: Put Jon Runyan Jr. at LG and roll with it or Billy Turner slides back to RG and Dennis Kelly plays RT.

  • Ben Fennell -    ...I'd consider Runyan even if Patrick was 100%. He was terrible vs NOR.
  • Ross Uglem -   Yep.

///

JRJ seems to be the consensus......

Not sure how scenario #1 after the OR helps out our situation at LG, which is where Patrick played against the Saints. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Not sure how scenario #1 after the OR helps out our situation at LG, which is where Patrick played against the Saints. 

Bukowski recommends moving JRJ into LG - or roll with it (meaning leave him there if healthy....)
Fennell and Uglem both think he should be replaced outright.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  This leaves the Packers with two likely options: Put Jon Runyan Jr. at LG and roll with it or Billy Turner slides back to RG and Dennis Kelly plays RT.

  • Ben Fennell -    ...I'd consider Runyan even if Patrick was 100%. He was terrible vs NOR.
  • Ross Uglem -   Yep.

///

JRJ seems to be the consensus......

 

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bukowski recommends moving JRJ into LG - or roll with it (meaning leave him there if healthy....)
Fennell and Uglem both think he should be replaced outright.

Maybe I'm having brain cramps today but doesn't it say put Jon Runyan Jr at LG and roll it OR put Billy Turner slides to RG and Dennis Kelly plays RT. 

The bold part leaves no solution to the problem at LG. 

 

 

Edited by Old Guy
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bukowski recommends moving JRJ into LG - or roll with it (meaning leave him there if healthy....)
Fennell and Uglem both think he should be replaced outright.

This is silly at this point but he actually said AND roll with it. regarding Runyan at LG. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Old Guy said:

This is silly at this point but he actually said AND roll with it. regarding Runyan at LG. 

You'll need to get clarification from Bukowski who can be reached on Twitter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, I was actually surprised that Patrick was at LG. I get starting Newman there and eventually kicking him out to RT when the team feels he's ready, but I'm wondering if it were better if Turner kicked to LG with Kelly coming in at RT. It's worth a shot IMO. We all know that Turner is shaky at LT, but LG could be a good home for him at least temporarily given that he got PWNED by Cam Jordan this past week...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...