Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, Refugee said:

So Za’Darius goes down and Ladarious Hamilton gets poached from TB practice squad. 6’3 260.

I guess Galeai is still not ready. Mike Smith talked him up but said he needs to add weight.  You’d hope a few seasons in WI would do that for him.

Time to see where our depth in a room we’ve invested in heavily truly stands.  

It could be that they want to give Galeai a real chance at some point, but know that Z is most likely returning in a couple of weeks and Galeai would have to be released or kept on the roster when Z returns.  Rather than burn Galeai's PS status by elevating him for more than 2 games, for what will still be a position behind: Preston, Gary, Garvin, and Rivers, keep him around and develop him more.  If Hamilton is worth keeping at the end of Z's injury, then that is a good problem to have.  

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The offense has nothing to do with allowing 15 play drives, much less two of them back to back.

1. Yes it does, if the offense is immediately off the field, it doesn't give the defense time to rest.

2. The offense needs to stay on the field, independent of what the defense is doing. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Yes it does, if the offense is immediately off the field, it doesn't give the defense time to rest.

2. The offense needs to stay on the field, independent of what the defense is doing. 

Punts happen. 3 and outs happen. The Saints 1st possession was 9 plays and the second possession was 15 plays. By rule the defense could have forced a punt or 3 and out at any time during those drives.

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Punts happen. 3 and outs happen. The Saints 1st possession was 9 plays and the second possession was 15 plays. By rule the defense could have forced a punt or 3 and out at any time during those drives.

The defense could have, just like the offense could have moved the ball on any of their possessions. 

The offense, with Rodgers as the main culprit, was every bit as bad as the defense. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The defense could have, just like the offense could have moved the ball on any of their possessions. 

The offense, with Rodgers as the main culprit, was every bit as bad as the defense. 

Of course the offense has to move the ball and score points. But they had nothing to do with allowing 24 plays on the first 2 Saints drives when the defense should have been fresh. The Steelers Bills game had 9 series of 5 plays or less. Teams average 4 punts per game. When you face good defenses punts are gonna happen. It's not like this is the first time this has happened. The game was essentially over by the time the offense touched the ball for the 3rd time.

With 16 games remaining, are you more concerned about the offense or the defense ??

Edited by cannondale

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

You must have some awesome insider info. I'm jealous. Or it's the typical garbage that's spewn by those that don't really know much at all. 

Reading your posts it is easy to see why you would be jealous. Thank you for the complement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

Reading your posts it is easy to see why you would be jealous. Thank you for the complement. 

"MLF isn't telling AR anything. When he speaks to AR it is only ask how he can kiss his *** that day. The inmates currently run that asylum."

Does that mean you won't divulge your sources ??

Has Rodgers blocked MLF's number ? Does he put fingers in both ears when MLF talks ? Did he say "you're not the boss of me."  Even more concerning, do you feel there is a hostage situation inside the Packer offices ? I live in Green Bay, should I be worried about home security in case of a mass escape ? Some of those guys are pretty big. Or were you just in a bad mood because mom forgot the pizza rolls.

Jealous of that crap ? You must be kidding.

Edited by cannondale

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Of course the offense has to move the ball and score points. But they had nothing to do with allowing 24 plays on the first 2 Saints drives when the defense should have been fresh. The Steelers Bills game had 9 series of 5 plays or less. Teams average 4 punts per game. When you face good defenses punts are gonna happen. It's not like this is the first time this has happened.

I agree the defense is primarily responsible for getting themselves off the field.  First 2 drives of the game should not cause that much fatigue.

The game was essentially over by the time the offense touched the ball for the 3rd time.

Disagree here.  If the offense with an all pro level QB of Rodgers ability is unable to mount any sort of comeback from a 2 score deficit, maybe that QB isn't what some think he is.

With 16 games remaining, are you more concerned about the offense or the defense ??

Both

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Disagree here.  If the offense with an all pro level QB of Rodgers ability is unable to mount any sort of comeback from a 2 score deficit, maybe that QB isn't what some think he is.

Fair enough. My assumption is the Saints score whenever they need to so you never catch up after 17-0.

23 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Fair enough. My assumption is the Saints score whenever they need to so you never catch up after 17-0.

I get that from a hindsight perspective.  So if you track on that logic, the offense scored a whopping 3 points, so the game was over once the saints scored to make it 10-0.  

26 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I get that from a hindsight perspective.  So if you track on that logic, the offense scored a whopping 3 points, so the game was over once the saints scored to make it 10-0.  

Well, there was also a tad bit of - the offense was ranked #1 last year with an MVP QB, while the defense, has done this before many many times.

I'll be very interested to see if Winston looks like Hall of Famer against the Panthers defense too.

Edited by cannondale

51 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Well, there was also a tad bit of - the offense was ranked #1 last year with an MVP QB, while the defense, has done this before many many times.

I'll be very interested to see if Winston looks like Hall of Famer against the Panthers defense too.

Winston will probably come back down some.   From what I watched, he didn't really play that stellar.  guys were open and he had a nice running game against a defense that was on its heels.  Coupled with the benefit NO defense that was shutting down the GB offense, so playing from ahead by a nice margin the majority of the game gets comfortable.  Winston had no game pressure and he has shown that he will turn the ball over in those types of situations.