Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Winston will probably come back down some.   From what I watched, he didn't really play that stellar.  guys were open and he had a nice running game against a defense that was on its heels.  Coupled with the benefit NO defense that was shutting down the GB offense, so playing from ahead by a nice margin the majority of the game gets comfortable.  Winston had no game pressure and he has shown that he will turn the ball over in those types of situations.  

Winston was good enough, but yeah that was hardly the kind of game you judge a guy on. Compare his performance to something like Dak in week 1 versus TB where he was under attack all game long and he kept the offense moving downfield. Nothing against Winston, he did what he needed to do, but he'll have bigger tests for sure.

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

Winston will probably come back down some.   From what I watched, he didn't really play that stellar.  guys were open and he had a nice running game against a defense that was on its heels.  Coupled with the benefit NO defense that was shutting down the GB offense, so playing from ahead by a nice margin the majority of the game gets comfortable.  Winston had no game pressure and he has shown that he will turn the ball over in those types of situations.  

Then the Packers D and the scheme wasn't worth a crap.  Not a way to start the season .. NO defense shutting offense down and GB defense not having a clue.

GB defense was bad with the opps they had.  BUT, the offense needs to possess the ball or any defense will be gassed.  The team failed in near every facet of the game.  When this teams passing game fails it's really in big trouble.  If we can run the ball early on maybe the passing game will improve.  The improvement must start with Ol Rodg....along with Frenchy whi is supposed to be the leader on this team for all players and staff.

Watched something about Favre to Rodgers, and it reminded me of tonight. We are Green Bay, all of us care immensely, about this thing that is Green Bay, and so do both of them. Rodgers sat for years behind a legend, and then became one. We could win a super bowl - I want that so much - but we could also not, and we're still the only football team I would ever support. As Ted lasso says " I don't care what happens on a little patch of grass". We the best, and no-one can touch us on that.