Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

22 hours ago, Leader said:

We're not convincing people......

PackersWire -  The Green Bay Packers dropped two spots in the latest USA Today NFL power rankings despite beating the Detroit Lions on Monday night.

Week 1: No. 4
Week 2: No. 14
Week 3: No. 16

Well, I'm not saying we are top five right now, but that is a disgrace of a ranking. No one goes 29-9, with back to back championship games, and then can't beat half the NFL because they lost a center. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

It's links but not in the sense where you can run your ball up on the green. It also doesn't have the run out of true links like the seaside courses.

I want to see deChambeau and Koepka play together in four ball. It would be a hoot. 

Morakawa is coming off of a back injury so not expecting a ton from him. 

Shame to hear that about Morikawa - he has said he's back to normal now.........but the Ryder cup can be a lot of games in a short time, so it could still find him out.

Like you said Koepka and deChambeau would be pure gold, especially in foursomes where they take it in turns to hit the ball.

PS If you feel like betting on this, I'd be tempted to bet on the draw, it's about 12-1 odds.

Anyway, that's enough about golf from me on this thread (since we are not in the TAPT forum).

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

It's links but not in the sense where you can run your ball up on the green. It also doesn't have the run out of true links like the seaside courses.

I want to see deChambeau and Koepka play together in four ball. It would be a hoot. 

Morakawa is coming off of a back injury so not expecting a ton from him. 

2 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Shame to hear that about Morikawa - he has said he's back to normal now.........but the Ryder cup can be a lot of games in a short time, so it could still find him out.

Like you said Koepka and deChambeau would be pure gold, especially in foursomes where they take it in turns to hit the ball.

PS If you feel like betting on this, I'd be tempted to bet on the draw, it's about 12-1 odds.

Anyway, that's enough about golf from me on this thread (since we are not in the TAPT forum).

Just to clarify, I said I wanted to see them paired in four ball. Those two playing alternate shot might end in a fist fight on the back nine. 

Not going to bet on it though. Betting on a 14-14 tie would be like betting on green in roulette. 

If US isn't even at worst at the end of Friday, they lose. I don't think they can come from behind if momentum starts to go against them. 

Jake Morley -  Kenny Clark has accounted for 80% of Green Bay's interior pressures through two games.

His 8 pressures make him 4/120 eligible IDL in the NFL.

For the math wizards, that is right - the rest of GB's IDL group has accounted for TWO pressures.

Not good enough.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Jake Morley -  Kenny Clark has accounted for 80% of Green Bay's interior pressures through two games.

His 8 pressures make him 4/120 eligible IDL in the NFL.

For the math wizards, that is right - the rest of GB's IDL group has accounted for TWO pressures.

Not good enough.

No big news flash there .. everybody should know other than Clark the entire D line pretty much sucks and nothing gets done about it.

11 hours ago, coachbuns said:

When they have .. Clark excellent, Gary still to be seen; other than that - nada. Just not enough resources put there and it shows!

Yeah but where do you take them from ?

1st round picks  in last 4 years Stokes, Savage, Gary, Alexander. Fair to say we needed them all and without any of these guys would be saying the same about that position being understocked. Love is the exception but if you think you have your QB

You could maybe say Dillon was a luxury pick but at 62 are we even still talking premium draft capital anymore.

There's been extreme investment in the secondary - that's where your DL resource has gone. Can't have everything especially when drafting at the end every year. 

29 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Yeah but where do you take them from ?

1st round picks  in last 4 years Stokes, Savage, Gary, Alexander. Fair to say we needed them all and without any of these guys would be saying the same about that position being understocked. Love is the exception but if you think you have your QB

You could maybe say Dillon was a luxury pick but at 62 are we even still talking premium draft capital anymore.

There's been extreme investment in the secondary - that's where your DL resource has gone. Can't have everything especially when drafting at the end every year. 

How about 2nd or 3rd round?  How about free agency?  How about a trade?  There are other resources available beside the number 1 pick.  How about those viable alternatives?

Alright, let's see where we could've invested, in the last 5 drafts, premium (1st/2nd/3rd) picks on DL.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Eric Stokes): Christian Barmore, Levi Onwuzurike, 
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (Josh Myers): Alim McNeal, Milton Williams, Osa Odighizuwa
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Amari Rodgers): Jay Tufele, Tyler Shelvin, Tommy Togiai
Verdict: One, it's too soon to say either way. Two, I'm not seeing anything that stands out here.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Jordan Love): 
Ross Blacklock, Marlon Davidson, AJ Epenesa, Raekwon Davis
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (AJ Dillon): Justin Madubuike, DaVon Hamilton, Neville Gallimore, Jordan Elliott
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Josiah Deguara): McTelvin Agim, Leki Fotu, James Lynch, Rashard Lawrence
Verdict: Again, still too soon, but there are some very intriguing options here. Definitely ample opportunity to invest in the DL with these picks.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Rashan Gary/Darnell Savage): 
Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Jeffrey Simmons, Jerry Tillery
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (Elgton Jenkins): Trysten Hill, Dre'Mont Jones
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Jace Sternberger): Khalen Saunders
Verdict: Lawrence, Simmons and Tillery were all intriguing options but I think the picks were fine there. Jenkins an obvious HR and, after that, there wasn't much at DL. Jace was the wrong pick but it wasn't for sake of DL, that's for sure.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Jaire Alexander):
Taven Bryan
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (Josh Jackson): PJ Hall, Tyquan Lewis, BJ Hill, Nathan Shephard, Derek Nnadi
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Traded original/Oren Burks): Justin Jones, Deadrin Senat, Harrison Phillips
Verdict: No real big time names/misses here but definitely a chance some of these guys would've helped over Jackson and Burks.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Kevin King): 
Malik McDowell, Dalvin Tomlinson
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (Josh Jones): Larry Ogunjobi, Chris Wormley,  Eddie Vanderdoes
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Montravius Adams): Nazair Jones, Jaleel Johnson
Verdict: The obvious miss was TJ Watt but we're discussing DL here. Tomlinson over Josh Jones in a trade up would've been real nice. Definitely other plays later too. 

All in all, IRT the draft, there's been options but nothing that makes you too pissed. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Alright, let's see where we could've invested, in the last 5 drafts, premium (1st/2nd/3rd) picks on DL.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Eric Stokes): Christian Barmore, Levi Onwuzurike, 
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (Josh Myers): Alim McNeal, Milton Williams, Osa Odighizuwa
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Amari Rodgers): Jay Tufele, Tyler Shelvin, Tommy Togiai
Verdict: One, it's too soon to say either way. Two, I'm not seeing anything that stands out here.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Jordan Love): 
Ross Blacklock, Marlon Davidson, AJ Epenesa, Raekwon Davis
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (AJ Dillon): Justin Madubuike, DaVon Hamilton, Neville Gallimore, Jordan Elliott
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Josiah Deguara): McTelvin Agim, Leki Fotu, James Lynch, Rashard Lawrence
Verdict: Again, still too soon, but there are some very intriguing options here. Definitely ample opportunity to invest in the DL with these picks.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Rashan Gary/Darnell Savage): 
Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Jeffrey Simmons, Jerry Tillery
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (Elgton Jenkins): Trysten Hill, Dre'Mont Jones
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Jace Sternberger): Khalen Saunders
Verdict: Lawrence, Simmons and Tillery were all intriguing options but I think the picks were fine there. Jenkins an obvious HR and, after that, there wasn't much at DL. Jace was the wrong pick but it wasn't for sake of DL, that's for sure.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Jaire Alexander):
Taven Bryan
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (Josh Jackson): PJ Hall, Tyquan Lewis, BJ Hill, Nathan Shephard, Derek Nnadi
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Traded original/Oren Burks): Justin Jones, Deadrin Senat, Harrison Phillips
Verdict: No real big time names/misses here but definitely a chance some of these guys would've helped over Jackson and Burks.

1st Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 2nd (Kevin King): 
Malik McDowell, Dalvin Tomlinson
2nd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 3rd (Josh Jones): Larry Ogunjobi, Chris Wormley,  Eddie Vanderdoes
3rd Round/Trade Back/Trade Up 4th (Montravius Adams): Nazair Jones, Jaleel Johnson
Verdict: The obvious miss was TJ Watt but we're discussing DL here. Tomlinson over Josh Jones in a trade up would've been real nice. Definitely other plays later too. 

All in all, IRT the draft, there's been options but nothing that makes you too pissed. 

@beekay414thanks for doing the leg work on that.  

Looking at DT/DE specifically.  GB drafting since 2010

2010:  Mike Neal (2nd),  CJ Wilson (7th)
2011:  Lawrence Guy (7th)
2012:  Jerel Worthy (2nd), Mike Daniels (4th)
2013:  Datone Jones (1st), Josh Boyd (5th)
2014:  Khyri Thornton (3rd)
2015:  Christian Ringo (6th)
2016:  Kenny Clark (1st), Dean Lowry (4th)
2017:  Montravius Adams (3rd)
2018:  James Looney (7th)
2019:  Kingsley Keke (5th)
2020:  
2021:  Tedarrel Slaton (5th)

Just too many misses/not enough hits in the process

• Like 1