Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Packers Wide Receiver receptions from Aaron Rodgers thru 3 games:

Davante Adams: 25
MVS: 6
Allen Lazard: 3
Randall Cobb: 3
ESB: 1
Amari Rodgers: 0
Malik Taylor: 0

If defenses are not pressing, bullying, and doubling Adams on every single passing down they are doing it wrong.

///

That's ridiculous. Thats not a passing attack.

Edited by Leader

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Packers Wide Receiver receptions from Aaron Rodgers thru 3 games:

If defenses are not pressing, bullying, and doubling Adams on every single passing down they are doing it wrong.

///

See if you can put Tonyan into that bunch.   

I don't think it changes much.

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Who is wearing the communication device on the Packers D?  Is it Barnes, or Campbell?

Barnes.  Campbell said he had to take that over and communicate the calls when Barnes went out. 

Strike that, I misunderstood. Campbell said in his postgame he’s been calling the defense the past 3 weeks. Makes sense because he’s been the one out there the most. Barnes was forced to do it as a rookie but good to have vet back there calling it. Hopefully Barnes is ok soon and can continue to grow. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

? It's WR receptions.

Right, and Tonyan catches passes.

If you are looking for a balanced offense, you kind of need to look at TE and RB passes.

And my point was pretty simple.  From an offensive perspective, even if you include the TE and maybe even the RB's into that passing equation...it's still way 'Vante heavy.  

So yah, in the small picture that was presented it looks bad.  Even if you expand that small picture to the overall passing game, it is still not good.  And dare I say, still not sustainable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Right, and Tonyan catches passes.

If you are looking for a balanced offense, you kind of need to look at TE and RB passes.

And my point was pretty simple.  From an offensive perspective, even if you include the TE and maybe even the RB's into that passing equation...it's still way 'Vante heavy.  

So yah, in the small picture that was presented it looks bad.  Even if you expand that small picture to the overall passing game, it is still not good.  And dare I say, still not sustainable.

Understood but the stat breakdown only covered WR. He's not a WR.
As you said....include Tonyan it probably doesnt change much....so there's your answer.
It's way too lopsided.

Edited by Leader

Ryan Wood -  Davante Adams was held to 5 catches, 56 yards in opener vs Saints. If you were worried, you can relax now.

Adams since combined for 20 catches, 253 yards, TD in past 2 games. The #Packers star WR is tied for NFL lead with 25 catches, 4th with 309 yards. So business as usual.

On 9/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, Leader said:

///

Pressing Davante doesn't really work. Bad idea Ken.