Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, GBPFan said:

There were injury issues for TJ too but I still wanted him at the time. When we were up and he was still there, I got excited. Then we traded down and he was gone.

Yes, there were injury issues with Watt at Wisconsin and I still think he juiced up after being drafted.  I was on the fence on King, thought he could handle the bigger WRs but the waterbug WRs would present problems.    After the trade back, I wanted Dalvin Cook.  Great player, but has the medical staff on speed dial.  Clearly  its not an exact science.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

yep, I liked King a lot, too. Can't fault staff at all for making that call at the time.

I only liked the King pick because he had same birthday as me and thought that may be a sign of good things. I was wrong! :D

I preferred Watt only because of what his brother did and the work ethic looks to be there. 

It is what it is and there is always going to be draft mistakes like others have stated. We can’t hit them all.

On 9/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Packers Wide Receiver receptions from Aaron Rodgers thru 3 games:

Davante Adams: 25
MVS: 6
Allen Lazard: 3
Randall Cobb: 3
ESB: 1
Amari Rodgers: 0
Malik Taylor: 0

If defenses are not pressing, bullying, and doubling Adams on every single passing down they are doing it wrong.

///

That's ridiculous. Thats not a passing attack.

That's 1992-93 all over again.

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I guess we are having a disagreement to what desperation means in terms of drafting players.

Now it’s the PTSD from watching Scotty Miller burn King for 6 slapping us in the face with the need of a competent CB kind of desperation. Let’s hope Stokes is that guy and can stay healthy. 

Edited by thrILL!

42 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I guess we are having a disagreement to what desperation means in terms of drafting players.

We are.

You're saying that I'm saying TT / GB were desperate in the draft selection when all I'm saying is that I feel the team was desperate for a bona fide CB. How's that for clarity?

15 hours ago, GBPFan said:

There were injury issues for TJ too but I still wanted him at the time. When we were up and he was still there, I got excited. Then we traded down and he was gone.

TJ was seen as a tier 2 edge prospect who wasn’t twitchy/high ceiling (why he went late 1). He was seen as the boring consensus guy 50% of people had us going since he would likely be there and we needed an edge

There were rumors Seattle wanted king since they wanted Sherman’s aire (big long corner).  

what makes the pick worse is we got completely nothing from our extra 4th on Biegel.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

We are.

You're saying that I'm saying TT / GB were desperate in the draft selection when all I'm saying is that I feel the team was desperate for a bona fide CB. How's that for clarity?

Yes they needed a starting CB and that is why they signed Devon House in the off season that year and he was the starting CB with Randall manning the other CB spot. TT never drafted for need, he always took the best player on his board. 

FA is for filling needs, the draft is for building the talent base. Amazing how many fans don't get that.