Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

from Bill Huber on Jaire's AC Joint

According to a study, most AC joint injuries are sustained by receivers and defensive backs. Only 1.7 percent of injuries required surgery and the mean time missed due to the injury was 9.7 days.

In 2019, Steelers cornerback Joe Haden suffered an AC joint injury in the opener but wound up starting all 16 games. In 2015, Packers receiver Randall Cobb suffered an AC joint injury in the preseason finale but played in all 16 regular-season games.

So...once we apply the Green Bay doctors tax, we can expect him to be out for the season. Thanks 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, R T said:

Funny stuff. I know a guy who is a Packers, Lakers and Yankees fan and lives in Florida, I just roll my eyes and walk away shaking my head at that one. Whatever works for each individual I guess. 

That's no way to talk about @Leader like that...

• Like 1

People having a debate over the arbitary-ness of team selection whilst ignoring the arbitary-ness of where someone grows up/resides should tell you everything you need to know about those feigning outrage over what team any other human decides to root for.

"Well MY chosen arbitrary filter is superior to YOUR chosen arbitrary filter!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

So...once we apply the Green Bay doctors tax, we can expect him to be out for the season. Thanks 

All kidding aside I'd hold him out at least 3 weeks.  Let that thing heal so it doesn't bother him all season.  Burrow is a pretty good QB we'll miss him next week.

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

All kidding aside I'd hold him out at least 3 weeks.  Let that thing heal so it doesn't bother him all season.  Burrow is a pretty good QB we'll miss him next week.

From what I understand about this injury, if it's not a level 2/3 strain, he could play next week.  These type injuries have been played with for years by numerous players.  If it isn't level 3 and the main can be tolerated .. let him play.

10 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

From what I understand about this injury, if it's not a level 2/3 strain, he could play next week.  These type injuries have been played with for years by numerous players.  If it isn't level 3 and the main can be tolerated .. let him play.

I should be a Packer Dr.  Take the high side of caution it's a long season.  Hope it's not serious we'll find out on Wed I guess.  I'd sit him regardless. Nothing on Savage saw him go down too.  He must be alright.  King Stokes and Sully looks like next week.  Still really bummed about Z.  Man that sucks.  Any time a player has a back I just cringe.  

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Lot of games left in the season and this is the easiest stretch of offenses coming up...especially compared to what's coming starting with the Cardinals. I'd say rest him if you can/if it will help.