Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I bet he’ll be better than Summers.

On defense sure. Those precious 4 snaps a game. 

Oren would be the lateralness I was talking about. At this stage they both just shoot gaps and arent where they should be in coverage. Maybe Jaylon actually tackles.

Edited by HighCalebR

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

I’m a bit surprised Smith was available but I’m sure you could find worse on a short-term player. Pretty sure he’ll have a chip on his shoulder too…

I don't know about on his shoulder, but he has several chips in his knees and ankles. Does that help?

Andy Herman -    Quick thoughts on Jaylon Smith. -If you watch his tape, you see a player who is struggling to diagnose and who doesn't still possess the elite athleticism he once had. - I think there will be issues if he has to play a lot and he's not going to be the upgrade people think.

-I'm also curious just how interested he is in playing special teams and what he could add there if he does play. -If I had to start a LB today, my pecking order would be: Campbell, Barnes, Burks, Smith -Yes, Campbell can be an upgrade to Summers, McDuffie, and maybe even Burks.

Matt Schneidman -   We already know the Packers have been historically averse to signing or trading for big names, but it was interesting nonetheless to hear Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams clearly say they had low expectations GB would add Stephon Gilmore despite A.M. reports of mutual interest.

///

I didnt hear what either player said, but would find it funny them throwing cold water on the situation. That's kinda odd.

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   We already know the Packers have been historically averse to signing or trading for big names, but it was interesting nonetheless to hear Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams clearly say they had low expectations GB would add Stephon Gilmore despite A.M. reports of mutual interest.

///

I didnt hear what either player said, but would find it funny them throwing cold water on the situation. That's kinda odd.

Yo, what?? They said that?? Where 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

///

Is that cold water? I feel like it can be shade. More so the Rodgers quote. He has “low expectations” ... reads alittle like “man you know they never sign big names”.

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

He corrected his tweet right after saying that GB will try to avoid surgery at all costs.

This is why they're trying to avoid that scenario

48 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Huh? Neither of that is true yet. Especially Jaire. MLF has said he’s hopeful about both. 

Read above!