Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

@Norm - more from Christl on Don Hutson

Shattering Myths – No, Hutson didn't sign contracts before his rookie year with both the Packers and the NFL's Brooklyn Dodgers. And, no, he wasn't awarded to the Packers based on the postmarks on two envelopes sent to league president Joe Carr. Not only is there no record of it in his personnel file in the NFL office, but Hutson also admitted as much. What's more, there's no evidence of it based on his timeline and Curly Lambeau's timeline in late 1934 and early 1935. Also, Hutson might have been the fastest end in the NFL, but he never even won a 100-yard dash in a dual track meet at Alabama, much less a conference or NCAA meet, despite claims he could run a 9.7  100 or even match Jesse Owens' speed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I think the width of the line is much more condensed than it used to be.  Week 3 the guy got there he just missed the ball.  Week 4 the guy got there and got the ball and it was obviously a close/bad call on the offsides.

Maybe when the line was 7 yards wide the math works, but all of our players are super condensed so the angle is more direct.

That's how it's looked to me, too.  Our guys are packed SO tight.  Maybe it's always been like that and I never looked, beats me.  But they seem so extremely tight that it gives a pretty straight direct angle, like you say.  

Seems it would be easy enough to make an adjustment and expand by an extra yard or an extra foot, to make the sprinter start a little further away. 

24 minutes ago, craig said:

That's how it's looked to me, too.  Our guys are packed SO tight.  Maybe it's always been like that and I never looked, beats me.  But they seem so extremely tight that it gives a pretty straight direct angle, like you say.  

Seems it would be easy enough to make an adjustment and expand by an extra yard or an extra foot, to make the sprinter start a little further away. 

It's always been like this guys

I shouldn't say ALWAYS but this isn't some new crazy strat

Edited by Norm

8 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

The good news is we play in the NFC north so let the guy heal up for a playoffs run... I wish we knew if Z was really done for the year.

I think we should know sooner or later what his timeline looks like if he goes on IR (Jaire) or not.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1