Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

But if better business to pay a WR LT money than to pay a RT LT money?

I'd say a RT LT money because at some point during his contract he likely will be a LT. That and the WR in question is on his 3rd contract heading towards the wrong side of 30. 

If I can get Turner extended for a value I'm not sure I can give Jenkins tackle money. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

If that's the case then he sure as hell doesn't have an AC joint injury. Wonder if there's a labrum or rotator cuff tear as well that they are trying to let heal...

I'm starting to think the team is confident in our squad without him given the upcoming opponents. Cincy should be a close win followed by a dysfunctional Bears team and a Washington team that's underperforming on defense with a back-up QB. Arizona and KC follow those three games and we will need him for both of those games and probably the Seattle game immediately after.

• Like 1

Just curious why posters are continuing to roll with the AC joint report by Garofolo. I've not seen the Packers confirm this in any way, shape or form. Did I miss something? My understanding of AC joint sprains the remedy is a week or two off and you play with it. IT will still be sore but you can play through it. 

The Packers put Jaire on IR and the report is they, "hope he can return and surgery is not an option AT THIS POINT!" Doesn't sound like an AC joint does it? 

The rush to be first to report has given way with the need to be accurate. Doesn't matter, Garofolo is worried about his 'brand' not accuracy. Bottom line, it would be nice to know what the real issue is with Alexander. Until we hear that, I'm suspect he's coming back anytime soon. It's as likely whatever the issue is does not resolve itself and surgery is the option at some point in the future. 

Love to be wrong about this and sure wish the Packers would say what the real issue is. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Just curious why posters are continuing to roll with the AC joint report by Garofolo. I've not seen the Packers confirm this in any way, shape or form. Did I miss something? My understanding of AC joint sprains the remedy is a week or two off and you play with it. IT will still be sore but you can play through it. 

The Packers put Jaire on IR and the report is they, "hope he can return and surgery is not an option AT THIS POINT!" Doesn't sound like an AC joint does it? 

The rush to be first to report has given way with the need to be accurate. Doesn't matter, Garofolo is worried about his 'brand' not accuracy. Bottom line, it would be nice to know what the real issue is with Alexander. Until we hear that, I'm suspect he's coming back anytime soon. It's as likely whatever the issue is does not resolve itself and surgery is the option at some point in the future. 

Love to be wrong about this and sure wish the Packers would say what was real issue is. 

I have not seen that quote. What I have seen is "Coach Matt LaFleur had said the hope is for him to put off surgery and play this season."

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

If that's the case then he sure as hell doesn't have an AC joint injury. Wonder if there's a labrum or rotator cuff tear as well that they are trying to let heal...

8 hours ago, cannondale said:

Why do I get the feeling that Jaire returning is a hail mary

Jaire saying he’s better after 1 week has to be encouraging at least

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU03qkzgV6A/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1

ESPN -  Doctors are expected to decide in the next two weeks whether Jaire Alexander, one of the top defensive players in the NFL, will miss multiple weeks, or the remainder of the season.

Alexander already has had multiple doctors review the test results of his shoulder, and more opinions are expected over the next two weeks before a determination is made, one source told ESPN. Doctors want to see both the test results and how well Alexander's shoulder heals over a short period of time.

15 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Those don't heal with rest. Surgery is the only thing that will repair a rotator cuff. I'm not sure if it's something he could possibly play with however. 

Edited by Old Guy

4 hours ago, Leader said:

ESPN -  Doctors are expected to decide in the next two weeks whether Jaire Alexander, one of the top defensive players in the NFL, will miss multiple weeks, or the remainder of the season.

Alexander already has had multiple doctors review the test results of his shoulder, and more opinions are expected over the next two weeks before a determination is made, one source told ESPN. Doctors want to see both the test results and how well Alexander's shoulder heals over a short period of time.

No harm in waiting to see.  If he has surgery, he's done for the year.  Unless he's in a lot of pain, its an easy decision to wait and see.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Love to be wrong about this and sure wish the Packers would say what the real issue is. 

Pretty much this at this point. Seems like all signs are pointing to Labrum